• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rossah
    Private First Class

• Sep 2009

page title

Hi, I am trying to title my page so it does not say "untitled page" when I find it in google. I went to page properties-general-title, then changed the title, saved and published the page. When I checked on google my site was still showing as "untitled page" should this change be instant or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks for any help.
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: page title

If Google indexed your site while the page title was 'untitled' then you will have to wait until they crawl your site again to reflect your latest ammendments.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• rossah
      Private First Class

• Sep 2009

ok thanks, sorry few the basic questions but is there a way to check how often your site is crawled?

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Once your site has been visited, the Search Engine will cache (save) a page version for visual representation. If you click on CACHED under the short description seen in a Search Result, you will see at the top the date when the page was last cached, indicating the approximate time of the month regular visits are scheduled.

Since it does take almost a month for a new page version to be updated with the Search Engines, this emphasizes the importance of properly titling and entering simple META for each page (even if a "placeholder" or temporary page) before first publishing .... missing values and required Construct elements will thwart any real progress in earning SE favor long beyond your initial development phase if not addressed as part of the basic build process.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X