X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing problem

My domain is www.waterlandspark.co.uk

It is absolutely ages since I have had to ask a question here as I have had my site for quite some time now and I do feel rather foolish for having to ask for help on something I really should know!
    I was in the middle of re-designing my site when it was taken off-line by BV for 'pfishing' (how I caused that, I will never know!) and after providing the necessary information to prove I was not, it was re-instated.
    For weeks I have tried everything I can think of to get back on-line. I am using the correct ip, have been issued with a new password, linked my add-on domain, index page is named just index, re-visited the tutorials and still I am getting 'Index of' when I enter my url. Support say to re-publish and I have tried this but still nothing.
    Google message is:-
    Index of /Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at waterlandspark.co.uk ...
    Help would be much appreciated
    Many thanks
    Patsy
    www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Re: Publishing problem

Can you access your Control Panel at VodaHost?

If you have in fact access to your cPanel, then you have the ability to publish ... but your pages are not publishing for one reason or another:

1. You are sure that you are publishing to the most current IP to which your hosting account was assigned, including any 'server updates' that may have been done since? (If you are in fact able to publish to an IP, it may be a 'retired one' which although still active, will not display any account data --- it's still there, but not "in the loop" meaning you are publishing "blind").

2. You are sure that you have entered the proper DNS/Nameserver info to direct your domain to the proper server to "find" your now 'restored' hosting account?

3. You are publishing to the correct IP from within Blue Voda using the PUBLISH command or icon only, correct? You may want to download Blue Voda once again just to be sure you have the mnost current version and the current IP list...

If you are in fact doing all these things accordingly, then there is something else amiss that cannot be pinpointed to in the Forums from a distance (so to speak) and you will need to contact Support to resolve.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Done all except download a newer version of BV and have contacted support so many times to try and rectify the problem. They have confirmed my IP etc. Will try downloading the latest version of BV to see if that helps. Then if it doesn't I think I may go and pull my fingernails out one by one to see if that is less painful!
      Many thanks.
      Patsy
      www.waterlandspark.co.uk

Comment

Downloading the newest Blue Voda should have been the first thing to do, assuring that the tools available are properly fit for the tasks you were undertaking ... good luck!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X