Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to change folder name inisde ftp

Hello

I am using wordpress blog and was advised in order to delete the posts from the blog that are same in main website that I need to create a new url so basically changing the folder name "blog" to a new one so I say "oldblog", save the changes then go into ftp to find the folder "blog" and rename it to "oldblog". For some reason while I clicked rename to change the name the typing nor the deleting works.

I really need to get this fixed as I no longer have access to wp-admin of the blog as I already have change the url to oldblog.

I appreciate your help in this and yes I got in contact with support but was advised to go to tutorial or forum. I simply cannot find an answer when renaming does not work.

Thanks

Re: Unable to change folder name inisde ftp

Bad Advice! You completely messed up the directory structure of your WP installation, you can not go into FTP and start changing stuff willy nilly..Please revert what you did, get it working as it was and come back here and let us know know exactly what your trying to accomplish and we will walk you through it.

Thank you for your understanding.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X