This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview in IE vs Firefox

Having just replaced my PC from XP to windows 7 I`ve had to recreate some of my web pages as images etc have moved.
    However I`ve noticed when I preview the page in Firefox (my preferred browser) what I see in bluevoda is not what I get on the screen but in i.e. it looks the same as it does in the builder.

< moderated >

In Firefox there is a big gap between "in the wind" and "The designs.." and the font is wrong, also the text for "Tin Wolf hi-vis" etc to the right is not Copperplate gothic.

Is it just my settings in Firefox on this new PC or does anyone else get these differences?
    Paul
    www.tinwolf.co.uk

Re: Preview in IE vs Firefox

Originally posted by tinwolf View Post
    I`ve noticed when I preview the page in Firefox (my preferred browser) what I see in bluevoda is not what I get on the screen but in i.e. it looks the same as it does in the builder.In Firefox there is a big gap between "in the wind" and "The designs.." and the font is wrong, also the text for "Tin Wolf hi-vis" etc to the right is not Copperplate gothic.
    Apparently you forgot some of the most basic 'Rules' of web building, as explained in this recent post > Web Safe Fonts

Web Design 101

ALWAYS use 'Web Safe Fonts' to assure a universal view across Visitor systems.

Unless a User has a particular Font previously installed on their computer, it will automatically be substituted with a default font from the User's system Default Font Family perceived to be the most similar, and thus disrupt the web page's originally designed configuration. Also, most browsers now also substitute fonts if they are not 'Web Safe' as they ought be.

Web Safe Font Styles (PC , MAC, DROID, Linux, and Browser defaulted):
    Arial (Standard only, not Black, Narrow, or Rounded);
    TimesRoman;
    Tahoma;
    Verdana;
    Georgia;
    Lucinda Console;
    Courrier-New;
    ComicSans;
    Trebuchet;
    Palantino-Linotype;
    Impact;
    MS Sans Serif;
    and Helvetica Standard

Listed in order of system preference.

The alternative is to use the Logomaker in BlueVoda to properly format and position [your text] as an image rather than as formatted Text, as LogoMaker will convert it to a GIF automatically, and all images will display without substitution.
    * The only downside to this workaround is that images do not count toward page relevance and overall optimization valuation remotely as hard-formatted textual Content does, so it is not an effective solution to formatting page content whereas it may be useful for Headers, Logos, headlines, Buttons (links), etc.

END QUOTE
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X