• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dancersk
    Sergeant

• Aug 2006

Importing Existing HTML Pages

A few months ago my hard drive died and I had to get a new computer. Windows 8- which I hate! I posted on the forum about how to get my files back so I could have them on an external hard drive in order to make changes, updates, etc. I was told to import the pages and save them......which I did. So today I went in to add some things to my site and my Blue Voda pages that I had exported to an external hard drive no longer show my images. I thought I was doing good the last time and saved them all to the external hard drive. How are they not there now? The Blue Voda website builder that I had (Version 10.something) is also no where to be found. I just downloaded the new version (12) and when I opened the pages that I had saved previously.......all the images are gone. My question: how do I import the pages again? So I can once again save them? I did not write the import instructions down last time..........but I will this time. Someone can help?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: importing pages from my site

This has been repeatedly discussed in depth within the Forums, and there are many threads prominently available to review independently, along with the Tutorials. There is nothing preventing you from finding solutions on your own without waiting.

This Video Tutorial details clearly how to import an external HTML page into BlueVoda: TUTORIAL

* Keep in mind, however, that although the Tutorial says otherwise, you will in fact need to re-import the images onto your pages since the paths from the original source files have changed (explains why your images are "not found" and showing red "X" in them).
    Additionally, you will need to re-format your Text, Hyperlink Styles, and re-import all Dynamic Elements (Menu, Conveyor, Ad Banner Rotator, Video, etc.) before you Save these re-constructed pages as outlined in this post (important!) --- all prior to re-Publishing them in the required manner as described in the Tutorial.

* If you did not also think to back up your images to a specific folder on your external hard drive for safekeeping, and they are among the lost files when your computer crashed, all is not lost -- by using BlueFTP you can connect directly to your hosting account Root Directory ("public_html/") to open the Images Folder and manually copy down to your computer and/or external drive the images once again, thus making sure you have them available to import directly back into your pages (COPY them down to your systems, do not delete them!). Importing them back into your pages will establish new Source File Pathways, which is necessary for the files to associate first to your pages so they display in the BlueVoda Workpane, and then to publish to the page properly.

> BlueVoda Video Tutorial Library

> Complete Video Tutorial Archive
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X