• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glenndon
    Private First Class

• Mar 2015

Banner and Navigation Buttons

After 5 years maintaining my website, I can no longer use Banners or Navigation Buttons. They are popping up on other pages and making a mess of the page. I have thousands of pages and have spent countless hours trying to eliminate this problem.
    (I just type my Header on top of a colored Line) Has anyone else had this problem? I only use Shapes or Templates. That is it. It is happening on pages I have had for years with no problems. but now I can't read them. I have had issues with parts of one page transferring to another for a long time. I have eliminated doing any copying, don't us any more clipart. Use only basic type written words and that is it. It is a nightmare. Even photos are moving from one page to another. As far as I know my links are fine. I have spent alot of time studying how to do proper links. I can no longer us Buttons for linking pages either. They blow up like balloons on other pages. Can no longer use Logo Properites. They disintegrate. It won't be long and I will only be able to us the typed word. If anyone has a suggestion, I'm listening. I now link by only using the typed word. this seems to eliminate hopping links. At this rate it will take several years to fix my problems unless there is a quicker solution.

Glenndon
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Banner and Navigation Buttons

Always provide a valid URL to the site/pages you post problems about, so they can be looked at for assistance.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• glenndon
      Private First Class

• Mar 2015

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

The nature of your Navigational organization (in truth, which is almost non-existent and/or flawed, especially without a persistent Navigation means to even return to the home page) makes it impossible to duplicate with any surety the issues you describe.

The many different displays you mention are not present on the site as far as I can tell (I went through the majority of it), and suggest that it is something singularly with your local system only.

Unless you can specifically point out a single instance for us to look into ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• VodaHost
          General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

If you copied and pasted the navigation bars, images and banners from one page to another this will occur because of the way BlueVoda inserts objects into the page and then converts to HTML when you publish. We recommend that you delete the objects on each page that the *******tion issue is affecting and then create them again individually on each page to fix the issue.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• glenndon
            Private First Class

• Mar 2015

Three pages in one

Administrator

Here is an example of pages running together.

www.yorktowndisciple.com Affected page: www.yorktowndisciple.com/quatrainoffabian.html

These pages were created nearly 5 years apart.

Banner should read: "Quatrain of Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen" Next Line should be "Yorktown Disciple". Navigation buttons are listed from other pages. Textart on bottom left shows as a blank shape. Clipart properties up at left corner where there is a copyright is from some unknown page.

I no longer use banners, clipart, textart, navagation buttons, or copying of any kind. Typed word only. with shapes and templates. pretty basic.

Thanks for any thoughts.

glenndon

Comment

• glenndon
              Private First Class

• Mar 2015

Re: Three pages in one

Comment

• VodaHost
                General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Did you copy and paste Navigation bars, image boxes and banners from one page to another when creating your website?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• glenndon
                  Private First Class

• Mar 2015

Adminisltrator

Thanks for the reply. It is possible in the very beginning I did some pasting and copying. Usually it would have been Navigation Bars to save a little time. Haven't done this in a very long time but the pages that pop up are usually on the very early ones. Any poem # under 500. I am slowly redoing these. For now I will continue to not use Nav Bars until I know my problem is solved. Besides, they tend to load much slower than Hyperlinking. I doubt I ever copied a Banner since each page has its own title. Why the banners are affected is a real mystery. In fact every page that is infected usually has a banner from a later page. I no longer use Banners.

Thanks again. Really appreciate it.

glenndon

Comment

Working...
                  X