I am ready to publish but I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I am ready to publish but I have a question

I am on next page and I added the .html to all links but when I try to save it it says fail to save. What do I do to save the page?

Comment

You are more likely trying to save a page as another page which is already open.. Close all other pages and try again.

Comment

I was able to correct and save all the pages then I published them...but when I go to the site, and hit the buttons, it takes me to a not available search page.

Comment

Cyndy.. Your links are still without an extension '.html'.

1. On your buttons and text link you need to insert the HTML extension.
          You can tell that from pointing your mouse on the buttons and read the URL that appears in the bottom of your browser.

2. Your pages are not published properly.. I tried going to http://www.pupplove.net/gents.html.. but it's not there.

Check the links again and republish.

Comment

Cyndy...
            Make

Comment

Cyndy...
              Make sure the 'Home page' is called 'index'..
              You must add the HTML extension to all buttons and links on the home page (the index page).
              page names on the server are case sensitive, make sure all files (pages) carry the right names.

Comment

I checked out every page in my browser and they all show the buttons have the .html...do I just try publishing the same pages again...do I save them again first?

thanks,
                Cyndy

Comment

I went back and had to correct the cases on some of the links, I will save and try again when I am done.

Thanks,
                  Cyndy

Comment

1. Always save your work.
                    2. Always republish after adding changes.

Comment

I was able to correct and save every page but Ladies. It will not save. I checked everything I do not have two Ladies open that I can find. I tried closing out of BV to reopen it and it would not close because it would not save Ladies. What do I do now please?

Comment

I am still trying to save the page. The message that comes up says; AffiliSys-Blue Voda
                        failed to save page

Thanks, Cyndy

pupplove@msn.com

Comment

that happened to my husband one time he had a clone of the page open another time he had two BLueVoda programs open - what we did was save the page under another name altogether close it and then rename it to the original name - it might work for you. ann
                          Ann
                          www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                          www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                          www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Thanks, Ann. I was able to close the page using your suggestion. But I am still not getting the other pages to come up, just the home page. I went back to the links and changed them to reflect the pages exactly...www.pupplove.net/Ladies.html instead of www.pupplove.net/ladies.html saved the pages, published them and I still am not linked to the buttons on the home page. I double checked every pages' button to be sure they were all the same. Can you tell me what I need to do now?

Thanks, Cyndy
                            pupplove@msn.com

Comment

I have a problem on my home page which is published; my images are not showing up just an X where the image should be...watched several tutorials several times and thought maybe I needed to link the picture, tried this, saved it, published it and it still does not show up. Help please.
                              Cyndy
                              pupplove@msn.com

Comment

I have corrected every link on the buttons on every page, saved, and published them and I am still not getting my pages to open when I click the buttons on my home page which is up. Please help, I have only been using a computer for about a year and I am so confused. All the help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Cyndy
                                pupplove@msn.com

Comment

Working...
                                X