• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploading New WP Banner Image

Hello,

I'd appreciate your help.

My main domain is http://www.gamesnsounds4u.com

But I have a second domain http://www.bestremediesforzits.com which is a wordpress.org blog I'm just starting.

My problem is that I've uploaded a banner to the above domain,but the url link does not work.If I set up the banner on a Bluevoda website builder page it works.

Where and how do I upload this banner so it works on my wordpress.org blog.

Sorry about the hassle,as I have uploaded images before to my main domain,your directions would be greatly appreciated,

Thankyou,

Ashley H

Re: Help uploading image,Where?

Go to your C-Panel & check you have your new site/blog on the "hot link protection" list. Or turn it off.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hello,

I've done as suggested,

How to upload image to server,then transfer to blog with operational hoplink?.

Thanks,

Ashley H.

Comment

You do not mess with the hotlink file ....

FOR VodaHost HOSTED WORDPRESS:
        WP 3.0 and above has an Editor within the Admin Panel where you can swap out images, banners, and other elements.
        For some earlier versions without the built-in Admin Template Editor, you can swap out your banner image simply enough using your VodaHost cPanel upload/download tool (you will find the file under Templates > Images), but remember it must be titled exactly the same as the image it is replacing, as this has been written into the template CSS files.
        You do not mess with the hotlink file .... for any reason.

FOR WORDPRESS.org HOSTED BLOGS:
        (Why ask here? You should be seeking specific instructions from the Support Forums there! WP Forums )
        WP 3.0 and above has an Editor within the Admin Panel where you can swap out images, banners, and other elements.

FOR BOTH:
        To edit the link for your image that is now the banner/logo (and to also edit the size of the image area, if different), you will need to be in your Wordpress Admin Panel, and in the Template Manager, click on Edit Files, and then to the right at the bottom, open the CSS file in the WP Admin Edit Browser.
        THIS is where you can edit the size, position, and hyperlink of your banner image.
        Save and close when done.

If you need help during the process, right-click on the HELP link in the WP Admin panel to open in new tab, and do a quick search in their forum for any specifics you are concerned with. The parameters set for your imaqges, placements, and hyperlinks should be obvious in the CSS files, but possibly your template may have a particular protocol you may wish to confirm before editing ....

PS: Make sure you find and follow the Wordpress.org directions to properly set the DNS/Nameserver entries on your new domain so it "points" to your Wordpress.org blog. Sounds like it is just sitting there, now, which is why you cannot see your blog if typing the domain name into a browser looking for it ....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X