• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eoinmc
    Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2010

Access denied

I've been trying to install WP, so I can check it out.
    I've made several attempts, no joy so far.

This is the message I'm getting.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'legatoor'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1294752632.21732aWLkxq7aMU on line 1641
    Access denied for user 'legatoor'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Anybody any ideas????
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Access denied

Are you attempting a manual install ? or a Fantastico one ?

If manual, then probably you have not given the database user the necessary permissions for the database.

If through Fantastico, pls submit a support ticket.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• eoinmc
      Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2010

Thanks Naval Design. It is a fantastico installation. I'll take that advice. I assume you mean I should send the support ticket to Blue Voda support, not Fantastico?
      Thanks again - your input is appreciated.
      eoinmc

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Although VH provides no support for the Fantastico installated applications, however, they must at least be able to install. If they don't, there might be something wrong with the MySQL server or the permissions Fantastico has.

So you should submit a support ticket to VH to see why it will not install.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• eoinmc
          Sergeant First Class

• Jun 2010

Hi Winntec, I took Naval Designs advice in the end and submitted a support ticket to BV. Somebody named Hank sorted it out for me. He sorted out something for me as well in the past. He seems to know what he's about.
          Anyway, he got WordPress up 'n runnin' for me, so it's working just fine now.
          You should check it out Winntec

Comment

Working...
          X