• Show
Clear All
  • carrie
    Corporal

• Dec 2005

Wordpress problems

Hi

I downloaded Wordpress via Fantastico.

When I log on to www.tastephotography.com/wp-admin I get the following error;

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tastephotography.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at tastephotography.com Port 80 I hope you can help. Steve
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: Wordpress problems

When I followed this link www.tastephotography.com/wp-admin all looks normal. I am presented with a login screen as I would expect.

When I visit this page http://tastephotography.com/ I'm seeing a bluevoda index page, so you'll need to remove it from the server.
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• carrie
      Corporal

• Dec 2005

Thanks Darren

With regards wp-admin you are correct the login page appears correctly but it does not allow me to sign in. I have double and treble checked the login credentials but there appears to be a problem.

I am not sure what you mean by http://tastephotography.com/ - when I go there I get my home page.

Regards

Steve

Comment

• DarrenC
        Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Without you knowing your username and password I can't really help you any further.

I'd probably be inclined to remove Wordpress (Make sure you do it via Fantastico) and then re-install it.

I have installed Wordpress many times but before I do I always remove the current index page (as a bare minimum) from the directory I intend to install it in first, just in case there is any conflict.

It also appears that you have 2 index pages that have been published with BV, which you will have to remove first.

Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• carrie
          Corporal

• Dec 2005

uninstalled and reinstalled....

this time reinstalled into a directory called Wordpress. I also created new user names and passwords but i still get the same error as follows;

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
          Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@tastephotography.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
          More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
          Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
          Apache/2.2.17 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.17 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at tastephotography.com Port 80

Comment

• carrie
            Corporal

• Dec 2005

By the way i dont want wordpress to replace my website - I just want to embedd a blog facility into my website. Consequently I do not understand how removing my index page will help. Surely all it will do is remove my homepage???

Please explain.

Regards

Steve

Comment

• DarrenC
              Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Haven't got time to fully explain, but it seems you are trying to install wordpress directly in into your public_html folder (assuming this is your primary domain). You have a website in there already and that's probably what's causing your issues.

..and since you are not looking to replace it after all, you need to create a directory to contain your blog.

Within your public_html folder, create a new folder (directory) and call it blog

Now install wordpress as you have done before but to the blog folder.

When done your blog will be here http://www.tastephotography.com/blog/

I hope that make sense?

Just a side note. You wont be able to embed the blog, but you'll be able to link to it as part of your site navigation.
              Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• carrie
                Corporal

• Dec 2005

making progress - the blog is now live at www.tastephotography.com/blog but i am struggling to access site admin. When i click on site admin or try to access via www.tastephotography.com/blog/wp-admin/ i get the same error message.

Comment

• DarrenC
                  Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Nice one :)

If you want to email me here with your username and password, I'll take a look for you later.
                  Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

Working...
                  X