• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zweetpeaz
    Private First Class

• Feb 2011

WP as a website with a blog?

I"ve got the site completed using wordpress. We had a blog on blogger, and I was having the blog feed to the website via rss. I'm learning SEO, and realized that it is better to have the blog directly ON the site.
    So, I went into the reading section of wordpres admin, set my main page, and set my newsly created "news" page as the post page. I changed the template of the "news" page to alt right sidebar, and added my categories and archive widget.
    From I thought I understaood, the page that i set as post page (news page) is where my posts would go when I posted(blog posts).. Here is that page
    http://escaribbean.com/news The category/archive widgets are there, which is good, but the 2 test posts i added are not there.
    When I click on the top category "caribbean" i can see the posts, but the sidebar widgets are not what i set them to be.

WHAT am I doing worng? I want the blog posts that are entered to show on the "news page", and IF you click on the title for the sidebar of that post page to be the same as the main 'news page". There is also a section for comments on the "news page" and I have it unchecked for comments when I created that page.

Thanks in advance:)
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: WP as a website with a blog?

You do not fully understand how to re-name or re-configure Pages and Categories in Wordpress to get the effect you want, and unfortunately seem to have mixed things up quite a bit.

I suggest you refer to the Template Designer and find whatever support you can to change things around the way it will be acceptable to you, and to also read up as much as you can of the original WP documentation to get a better understanding how WP actually works and sets relationships for blogroll, Categories, and widget functions.

The WP Support Forums will likely have posted answers to the same issues you bring to these Forums, and finding solutions there will prove to be quicker and easier than depending on your VodaTalk peers if and when they happen to frequent the Forums.

*Not knowing what you actually intend (based on your attempted description and terms used) and what all you have actually done to your installation, it is impossible for anyone to give you step-by-step instructions on how to resolve things. You might have to start over from scratch and simply follow instructions to thje letter as provided by either the Theme designer or the WP Forums.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X