• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mick
    Private

• Sep 2011

Error Installing Wordpress

Hello there,

I am having trouble installing Wordpress. I have tried a few times and get the following message:

Install WordPress (2/3)

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'mylyqhg'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /tmp/cpanel_phpengine.1315645962.13182HF1beMMGT9 on line 1616
    Access denied for user 'mylyqhg'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I use my CP Username and Password but get the above message.

Thanks,
    Mick
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Error Installing Wordpress

Sounds like you are trying to manually install it ... you should review this thread first > WordPress unable to connect to database
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Mick
      Private

• Sep 2011

Thanks Vasili but that is pretty much Greek to me. I was following VodaHosts step by step instructions at the following link

I can't find the files you were talking about. They don't seem to exist on my server. I have not installed Wordpress blog before.

Thanks,
      Mick

Comment

• Mick
        Private

• Sep 2011

Hello again Vasili,

I read the link you gave me. I was trying to instal it via Fantastico when I got the error message.

Do I need a different username and password or just use the CP ones?

Thanks,
        Mick

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

There is no such step when installing via Fantastico, but there is when manually installing, so for you to be seeing such an Error Message is both dubious and disturbing at the same time.

If in fact you truly are installing Wordpress via Fantastico and are experiencing such Errors, you will need to create a Ticket so Support can confirm your server configurations or to troubleshoot from their end.

By the way ... once you do get your Wordpress up and running, you will use the following information to upload all your plugins's, themes, and other essential files:
          Hostname = localhost
          Username = (the username you use for your cPanel, BlueVoda publishing, or Blue FTP)

Password = (the password you use for your cPanel Login, BlueVoda publishing, or Blue FTP)
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Mick
            Private

• Sep 2011

Hello there Vasili,

Thanks for your reply. I have already put in a support ticket. I am definitely trying to instal via Fantastico in my CP.

Thanks again,
            Mick

Comment

Working...
            X