• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Basita
    Sergeant

• May 2007

Misaligned elements on single post page

I have been struggling for weeks (literally) with this problem. On the single post page of my Wordpress site (e.g.www.natmd.com/tai-chi-and-parkinsons-*******/) I cannot get the sidebar - and now the post area element also - to align properly. If I manually adjust the borders/margins it causes the elements on the home page and category pages to slip upwards and sideways. I believe this might have happened because I removed the search box and lengthened the space for the submenu, but I cannot see where I may have made a misktake there. I am not experienced with web design (I know, some people would say I shouldn't mess with code then, but I can't help it, I prefer to learn as I go) and I am even having a hard time understanding validation and fixing the errors I find there. Can someone come to the rescue?
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Misaligned elements on single post page

Choose another 'temporary' theme from the defaulted selection and apply it before deleting the 'edited' theme in question. Re-load the Theme (don't just "correct" your edits) to over-write your failed attempt to modify the global template (to get back to the original formatting). Apply the Theme once again via the WP Dashboard's Template manager option.

If you are not adept in "coding" or modifying the theme with respect to preserving global modules and linked functions, it is best not to try doing anything more than simple tasks via the Dashboard: don't "edit" the files without a comprehensive understanding of how WP PHP is written or intended to function.

Always Search the Wordpress Support Forums for details on how to tweak your blog .... as clearly stated in your cPanel's Fantastico installation page, VodaHost does not offer detailed support for the scripts installed, merely provides the Fantastico feature "as-is" for easy installations.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Basita
      Sergeant

• May 2007

Many thanks, Vasili, I will follow your advice.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Good Luck!
        I know it is not always easy to do new things, especially when the vision is so big for what may be possible ...
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X