Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shinking images = miss-alignment

I'm having a problem with my images.

In BV my home page looks fine with everything lined up correctly.....

But when I look at my site the images are all shrunk and the links are the same size so they are bigger and miss-aligned with the rest of the page.

I made the menu bars with the menubar button in BV

I'm still under construction so only two of the bars link to anything

PLEASE HELP!!!!

http://www.penniesnpence.com

Re: shinking images = miss-alignment

Pennies,
    Give us a screen print of you you see, because all seems normal if I view it. The screen print will help a lot.

PS. I see you have the solution for those images to display with the menus. Well done, although a bit slowish to open 2nd menu with image.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom vR View Post
      Pennies,
      Give us a screen print of you you see, because all seems normal if I view it. The screen print will help a lot.

PS. I see you have the solution for those images to display with the menus. Well done, although a bit slowish to open 2nd menu with image.
      Here are the screen shots...I've tried republishing...that doesn't work

It aligns pefect in BV. It first started when I would open a second tab in IE7 now it is aways like that.

Thanks for the help.

P.S. yea I couldn't figure out a way to do the 2 tier menubar with a rollover so if you can't beat em' join em' (make them click on the link). It is an I-frame drawing up another page each time you click on a link. I do wish it was a little faster though.

Comment

I think you should just make those menu text a bit smaller for the menus to fit on the image areas. I cannot find the post, but just this week there was a post about text resizing when published and the answer was that you should allow for that and that you must just experiment with the sizes and placement on the page. I have also tested your page on FF and the same results there as well.
        Bless you
        Tom

Comment

Oh..O.K.

It just seems strange that when I first published (for about 3 days) it was fine.

Thanks alot for the help, and double thanks for the FF test. :)

Comment

hi pennieNPence,

i like your glow effect as hover / roll over in your images.

can you please share to me the steps of doing it?

thanks in advance.

Neil

Comment

sure... do you have photoshop?

Comment

Originally posted by PennieNPence View Post
                sure... do you have photoshop?

I am using corel photopaint 12... can i use that instead? i don't have photoshop.

thanks a lot.

Comment

I haven't used that....

All I did was create two images with different names for each rollover:
                  one without any glow
                  and one with

Then I just used the BV rollover button and attached each image

I could tell you the easy way to do it in photoshop, but I'm sure that your program has a way to do.

Don't forget to use strip file to save on the load time.
                  If you don't have it, it's free. Here is the link:

Comment

I haven't used that....

All I did was create two images with different names for each rollover:
                    one without any glow
                    and one with

Then I just used the BV rollover button and attached each image

I could tell you the easy way to do it in photoshop, but I'm sure that your program has a way to do.

Don't forget to use strip file to save on the load time.
                    If you don't have it, it's free. Here is the link:
                    http://www.nuetools.co.uk/stripfile.html
                    yes my imaging program can create images with glow effect. my final hurdle is how to use the BV rollover button. I checked on this but i can't figure out how to use it.

thanks again

Comment

1) Click the rollover icon on the left side of Blue Voda.
                      2) Select the Initial image from your hard drive.
                      (this image will be seen before you mouseover the image)
                      3) Double click the image you just inserted.
                      4) Select a Mouseover image (what you what them to see when they mouseover)
                      5) Move to where you want it.
                      6) You can add a link by clicking the "link" tab and entering a URL.

Comment

1) Click the rollover icon on the left side of Blue Voda.
                        2) Select the Initial image from your hard drive.
                        (this image will be seen before you mouseover the image)
                        3) Double click the image you just inserted.
                        4) Select a Mouseover image (what you what them to see when they mouseover)
                        5) Move to where you want it.
                        6) You can add a link by clicking the "link" tab and entering a URL.
                        Thanks bro. This one helped...

Right now i'm faced with another challenge. I have two sets of images. One without glow and another with glow. I followed your steps and it worked. However, the image shirks during mouse over. I think the image with glow followed the original size of the one without glow. As a result at shrinked. See this http://www.sitangkaiseaweeds.com/trial.html

Any tip?

Comment

I've done that one before.
                          You need to make the image without the glow the same pixel dimensions as the one with the glow.

In other words you need to expand the image without the glow beyond the actual size of the the picture (like a border with nothing in it) to the same pixel height and width as the one with the glow.

By the way gray will show up as more of a shadow than a glow.
                          You want more of a yellowish whitish color.

Also, if you are putting any images behind the rollover you will need to save it as a .gif file so the glow is transparent. (I'm not sure if corel does transparency or not)

If it is a solid color back-round you are putting on you can save it as a .jpg file(this takes less load time).
                          Just make sure the the back-round of the rollover is the same color as the back-round you are placing it on or you will end up with a white box around the the image instead of a glow effect.

Good luck. :)

Comment

I've done that one before.
                            You need to make the image without the glow the same pixel dimensions as the one with the glow.

In other words you need to expand the image without the glow beyond the actual size of the the picture (like a border with nothing in it) to the same pixel height and width as the one with the glow.

By the way gray will show up as more of a shadow than a glow.
                            You want more of a yellowish whitish color.

Also, if you are putting any images behind the rollover you will need to save it as a .gif file so the glow is transparent. (I'm not sure if corel does transparency or not)

If it is a solid color back-round you are putting on you can save it as a .jpg file(this takes less load time).
                            Just make sure the the back-round of the rollover is the same color as the back-round you are placing it on or you will end up with a white box around the the image instead of a glow effect.

Good luck. :)

thanks a lot bro. i can do it now!

Comment

Working...
                            X