Image Map from Photoshop won't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Map from Photoshop won't work

i created an image map in Photoshop/ImageReady. It is a background image that has 2 rollover areas, each plays an animated gif (over & out) that animates the entire image. Photoshop generated the HTML for the whole setup:
    1 HTML file
    4 GIF files ( in a sub directory "Images" )

It works great locally but I can't get it to work on my Voda site
    I've tried every combination of pasting HTML, Voda image maps (which only allow 1 "over" and no "out"), script, java, etc

I've tried putting the GIF files in the "public" directory and "images" directory.

Nothing seems to work, any help greatly appreciated

pete

Re: Image Map from Photoshop won't work

Hi 3d... I'd be interested to see if it works... but... you might try importing the image through the image tool and utilizing the image properties (right click) to enter the html...3d.. Don't know if that will work but you might try it.. it's a cool idea... good luck... Doug

Comment

If you're doing it in BlueVoda, why don't you save each rotating image and create an image rotator? .. unless you created something with many effects ..
      Best regards,
      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

thanks Jeremy & dougnez, I'm closer now but still dont have the file structure straight....

here is the background i want to use, it has 2 rollovers (one in the upper left & one in the upper right, both hotspots currently hidden but they work). this isnt a Voda page, its just a direct link to the HTML for the image map

----------------------------------

this is the Voda page i want to use the image map in. When i paste the html in the page it cant seem to find the files. I have the Voda page and image map html both in my public directory and the animated gif's in the "images" directory. I would like this to be my opening page can anyone explain the file stucture to set this up?

thanks, pete

Comment

Click on the banner rotator icon on the left of your BlueVoda program. You will have the option to put many different roll over images, place all those images in the order you want it and the time in seconds of how long it will take to switch between..

Now the only problem with that is that it will keep repeating .. how did you put this roll over that you made on your page anyway? ..
          Best regards,
          Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Jeremy,
            thanks but the banner rotator isnt what i was hoping to use, i wanted something more interactive. I'm not sure why i cant put this html file into a Voda page and get it to work correctly...

here it opens as a new page generated by the html file, but i would like to paste that html in a Voda page so i can add nav bars, text, etc

i made this as an self contained image map in photoshop/image ready.

pete

Comment

You can always do an iFrame if worse comes to worse. What you can do is make an iFrame and make it link to http://www.axcell3d.com/index-new/index-new7.html#

There should be no reason why that shouldn't work.
              Best regards,
              Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Hi 3d... That's a cool effect... But with a picture that large you might consider showing it in a pop up...this code will put it in a pop up...
                #" onClick="window.open('http://www.yourdomain.com/new-index/new-index7.html', '','width=1006,height=629'); return false;"
                Then put a close button on the pop up... hope that helps.. Doug

Comment

Three photos ... that is really cool ... great job ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. It looks like Jeremy has the best solution - to use an i-frame. now if i can size it jusssst right so i dont get a border or scroll bars...! I will also have to embed the text right into the images when i redo them, the text over rides the rollover hotspots and messes the gif sequence. But it works!

thanks all..

pete

Comment

Just take off the border, and dont give it an option to be able to scroll and just - trial and error - to get the right size. Good luck!
                      Best regards,
                      Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Working...
                      X