Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lightbox - How keep text box linked to each image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightbox - How keep text box linked to each image?

Hi - I have an art gallery page (still under construction as you will see) where I have a lightbox and then a textbox with "view details/purchase" link associated with each image.

Past the first row in the lightbox, the textbox starts being out of whack in terms of WYSIWYG - eg it will look fine on my BV edit page, but on the site, the textbox will start being further and further "up" the page for each row of the light box, making them completely not correspond to the image. So I have "cheated" the textbox, moving it down the page in my BV editor so that it shows up in the correct spot on my published page. But this creates a mess on my BV edit page because the textboxes aren't next to the proper images and since the text box ALL say "view details" it makes for a confusing mess. Hence in my working version, as you will see, I have numbered the images and textboxes so I can properly link them to one another.

Is there anyway around this "spreading" issue? I have the same issue with tables on another one of my sites...

It helps to not go past say 5 rows of lightbox, but that is not the ideal solution...

Thanks for any help!

TP

PS Alternatively, and this would be excellent - is there any way to add a clickable URL within the lightbox title?

Re: Lightbox - How keep text box linked to each image?

Hi, i am surprised at that they wont line up using the tables. Are you placing each element in a separate table. IE: the image in one table & the text underneath in another & so on down the page?

Just a note on the pages size. I'm afraid you have to many images at the wrong size for web pages. Over 4 meg is to way to large & you may have o lot of 1st time visitors leaving. Took about 50 seconds to load for me & i am on broadband, even though it is only 1.5meg connection. I personally think another alternative to the light box maybe an idea.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Bill,

Make sure you use the lock all option in edit before viewing in your browser.

I just visited you website and everything is perfectly fine except for painting no. 56 which was not there.

It is a lovely website and your paintings are beautiful.

Instead of putting all in one page why don't U categorize them and place the paintings in several pages instead.
      www.siapamoyanganda.com/
      Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
      State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Thank you both for your replies, much appreciated.

I have broken out the paintings into categories to reduce the load time so now this "All" page is only for those who click on it and thus can expect a longer load time.

Regarding the sliding text - It is with images (not text) placed into a table (they don't stay within the table and must be cheated to look right) or with a text box that is supposed to align with a lightbox image (it will also slide not stay with the image and must be cheated). I have cheated everything on the site now so that it looks OK, but ultimately it would be nice to have a user solution (or technical fix) for this issue..

tp22

Comment

Working...
        X