How to Optimize Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Optimize Templates

I remove all my templates except the one on my index page. can anyone help me on how to optiimize it?

Re: How to Optimize Templates

Not sure what you want to do. You optimize your PAGES - not your templates.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, Thank you for your response. I ran an optimization test and the index page file was hugh because of the template, I think. Can you tell me how to optimize that page?

Comment

Originally posted by lageorge View Post
        I ran an optimization test and the index page file was hugh because of the template, I think. Can you tell me how to optimize that page?
        If you are indeed using a template (which has a file), then it might be possible for me to give you some pointers on how to do some minimal tweaking without overwhelming you by getting into cleaning up code or complicated structuring .... IF I knew what type of template you are using (Flash, HTML, Blue Voda static, CMS, etc.).

I have been successful doing so with Flash and Flash/HTML sites for the last 5 months or so, so don't feel as if you are out on your own on this one!
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

If you are using a standard image as a template and want to optimize this image you can do so at dynamic drives on line image optimizer

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

My template is one from the blue voda downloads. I tried the website but I guess I don't know how to enter the correct info (URL of an image) or what type file the template is because it isn't working for me.

Comment

Blue Voda templates are static images, which requires you to lay either objects or images over them to make changes:
              - if you want to "extend" the balnk area to use as a page text area, you will need to ADD OBJECT and color it to match, which you can then make whatever size works
              - if you want to "swap an image" in the pre-made template, you will need to provide your image in the correct size to lay on top of the other one.....since you cannot 'remove' the image-within-an-image, you will need to 'mask' it instead.
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Never thought of that! Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
                X