Need help with my logo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my logo.

Can anyone please help me. I want to be able to get my logo I designed for my website and use it to make business cards and brochures, but I can't get it to save right. I used a logo of just words over the top of another logo of an oval to make the words stretch over the edges. When I try to save image it just saves the words. Any advice on this problem would be of great help. Also any information on how to put the logo with a transparant background would be appreciatied.

Thanks
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    imartistic

www.artbydonelle.com

Re: Need help with my logo.

Originally posted by imartistic View Post
    Can anyone please help me. I want to be able to get my logo I designed for my website and use it to make business cards and brochures, but I can't get it to save right. I used a logo of just words over the top of another logo of an oval to make the words stretch over the edges. When I try to save image it just saves the words. Any advice on this problem would be of great help. Also any information on how to put the logo with a transparant background would be appreciatied.

Thanks
    Hi, what program is it that you are using to try and make this logo or even save this logo? If you have just applied the logo as an image and then inserted text in your web builder, no it will save the image only ... but if you use an image editing program and actually apply the text to the image and then save it as a jpeg this will give you the complete logo. For an image to have a transparent background it needs to be a .gif or .png .. and of course needs to be made in the beginning on a transparent background and saved in this fashion. Some backgrounds can be removed from images, again in an image editing program ...

Moving to the graphics area of the forum ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What are you making the image in, and are you saving it in the same program?

(I am guessing you are using bluevoda and are trying to copy and paste the logo into another program to save).

If this is the case, the best way I can think of to get around it is using a print screen. Then open it in whatever image editing program you want, crop it to the correct size you want, and save.

As to an image with transparency, you need a program that such as photoshop. (A good free one is called "The Gimp"). It will allow you to have a transparent layer or alpha layer. You can then just save it as either a gif or png which will preserve the transparent layer. (Note: png's have better transparency capabilities then gif's)

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Thank you both for the replies. I used the BV logo creater to make the logo in the first place. I pushed the print screen button on my laptop but it did not do anything. I'm still learning all this stuff and kind of stuck. Any other suggestions?
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        imartistic

www.artbydonelle.com

Comment

Hi again

After you push the print screen button you will need to open an image editing program - you should have microsoft paint on your computer - you might find it under all programs, accessories ... look for paint .. and push print screen, open up your paint program and choose edit, paste ... then your entire screen will have been printed, then you will need to crop your logo, there is a rectangle tool looks line dotted lines on the left, use this and crop the logo to the size you want and then save it as a jpeg with whatever name you choose.

Not sure if this is the logo you wanted, but if you click on this attachment, then right click and save it - it will be done for you ...
          Attached Files

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks LadyEye,

That is the logo I was trying to get. I was able to use the print screen option now that you expained to open a photo editing program. Now I just have to save the attachment, open it in a photo editing program and save it as a .png for a transperant background? I have photoimpact and it doesn't look like I can save it as a .gif. I'm still learning so thanks again for the help and advice.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            imartistic

www.artbydonelle.com

Comment

Hi there.
              Of course you can save it as a.gif in the Ulead Photo Impact.
              Choose at the top of the menuebar Web/Image Optimizer then in the pop up box look in middle to right and choose (jpeg,gif,png.)
              You CAN NOT SAVE DIRECLY A .gif picture in...save as.
              You must do it this way when saving a .gif picture so the PI know that you want to save it in gif otherwise it will save it in default format.
              It`s made this way so the user don`t save it in wrong format from start.
              This is only for .gif formats all of the other formats can be saved directly in save as...
              Hope you understood me and this thread was helpful.

Regards Supermax...a Photo Impact super fan!
              I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Thanks for the help Supermax.
                I'm trying to make it were the logo is on a transparent background so I can add it to any color and it will not show the white box around it. If you have any advice I would love to hear it. Thanks
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                imartistic

www.artbydonelle.com

Comment

Originally posted by imartistic View Post
                  Thanks for the help Supermax.
                  I'm trying to make it were the logo is on a transparent background so I can add it to any color and it will not show the white box around it. If you have any advice I would love to hear it. Thanks
                  Just send me the pictures or that you want in .gif and i`ll make them to .gif for you.
                  I don`t speak English,i speak Swedish.If you don`t understand my English you can ask me.

Comment

Hi imartistic!

Maybe this will help you http://wwell.net/
                    The tutorials here is for all Photo Impact and they are GREAT.
                    Check them out. Like i said before i can make you the logo,banner,sig for you.
                    You must just send me the pictures you want to use or specify exactly the colour,font,size,text of what you want to be created.
                    If you wish i can explain it again of how you make,change,save things in jpg.gif and png formats. It`s easy.

Regards Supermax

supermaxx1********.com

Comment

Working...
                    X