• Show
Clear All
  • sinisa72@gmail.com
    Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Image displayes different in different browsers!Help

Hello My website is www.vullcanairbrush.com
    I have recently posted my website and the problem I am facing now is that
    images are seen different in internet explorer than in Mozilla Firefox.

I Do not know how to fix this and my website looks cheap in the internet explorer browser Besides bluevoda brags as WYSIWYG therefore no fear or maybe it is not so...
    I have performed all my viewings in Mozilla Firefox never thinking that website could be displayed anything different in other browsers.
    Need advice please

Sinisa
  • mwalsh62
    Major

• Jul 2007

Re: Image displayes different in different browsers!Help

Exactly what differences are you seeing? I'm not as intimate with your site as you, but I viewed index and "Micron Series" pages, in both IE and FF, saw no discernable change. Not even the typical text drops.

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Hi, Ditto with above. Images looked good to me.
      Couple of other small things that you may want to have a look at. This image http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/1119c.bmp is at about 244kb & there others that are similar at only 30kb.

You seem to have an index page, but also have a http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/index.html which isn’t really correct. You should be able to link back to the home page with a http://www.vullcanairbrush.com link.

Besides that, the site is coming on real well.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
        Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Dear Chris/Mike,
        I have actually had a problem with images earlier and still do for instance the http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/dominion.html the image shows different in the IE than in Firefox but I solved that by saving both images in the same format on other pages .
        However http://www.vullcanairbrush.com/ the "Go" button shows different in the IE than in Firefox it looks terrible .Please help.
        Sinisa
        P.S. I wont be changing the pages for day or two so you will be able to see them

Comment

• sinisa72@gmail.com
          Second Lieutenant

• Aug 2007

Here is another good one on the "Contact us" page.
          By default the box background is white/transparent but in the IE they are yellow. I tried making boxes white but of no avail, IE is simply not cooperating
          Sinisa

Comment

• Collectors-info
            General

• Feb 2006

Hi, not sure on the button. Naval would be best on this one as it’s a form.
            On the yellow backgrounds on the contact page. Do you have a Google bar or similar that has an auto fill button for forms? I believe it’s this that render's the field areas to yellow. I believe & stand corrected. That you have to have a Google bar for IE & FF to correct this.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Watdaflip
              Major General

• Sep 2005

The main problem I have had in the past with images being different in IE with Firefox is that IE does not support most color. There as colors know as web-safe colors. (heres a link to a list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors#Color_Table)

Starting with the basics HTML colors are determined by a mixture of 3 colors, RGB (red green blue). There are 256 possible shades for each, 1.67 million+ combinations in total. They use what is called Hex to represent the number for each. Hex is just a different number system, instead of a normal number system that is base 10 (you count from 0-9 before reseting the last digit to 0 and adding one to the left) hex is base 16, it goes from 0-9, then A-F...

Anyway, basically a HTML color code in hex looks like "0F3B29", web safe colors are colors in multiples of 51 (256 divided by 6 = 51), which gives 6 shades for each 3 colors, giving you 216. So it basically goes "000000", "3300000", "660000" and so on, you get to numbers like "6699CC", or "6633FF".. all the way to "FFFFFF". So any multiple of 51 in hex which is 00,33,66,99,CC, & FF.

So these are the web-safe color combinations the IE will display correctly, if you images have other colors that are not websafe they may not display correctly in IE. FF supports all possible combinations and will display them correctly.

Sorry for going into so much detail, but I figured it might help to understand.

There isn't much you can do about it, if you have an image that has any effects like gradients, shading, etc anything that just solid colors then its not feasible to only use web safe colors on it. If you have just solid colors (for things like borders, logos, etc) then you can try to use just web safe colors and it should display the same in both browsers.

Register/Login Script
              Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Working...
              X