Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images

I hope this is where I should post this problem. I have published my website and all seems to look good. However, I have two people (that I know of so far) that say the website is all jumbled when they view it. Is there a reason for this? Others have said it looks great..
    Any suggestions as to the reason? my web is www.melissacollum.com
    THanks for your help! - melissa
    Melissa Collum
    Virtual Administrative Assistant

Re: Image Issues w/ Website

Hi Melissa

I believe you may be using unfriendly web fonts. If a viewer does not have that particular font you are using installed on their computer, it will revert to the default font closest to what you are using and this can cause spacing issues with the text on your page ...

Have a look at websafe fonts.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Melissa
      You have to be patient - the people on this forum are helping out for free, and sometimes their actual lives prevent them from having a look right away..
      In any case, I looked at your site in IE7 and Firefox and saw no distortion.
      It would help to know what your friends mean by 'jumbled up'. Is there text overlap? Are they not seeing images?
      A few more details, please..

oh, good morning there LadysEye oops//oh well, the more the merrier..
      Liz
      www.sebastopolparty.com
      www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

Hi, there is know easy way round this one. What’s happened is you have built your pages individually & there is things on each page that are moving from one spot to the other on page transitions.
        Find the one page that you are happiest with and bring that up on your screen. Now open another page of your site & toggle between the 2 pages & see what moving & adjust accordingly. When all is good save the second page & publish, then close this page. Bring up another one of the sites page’s & do the same.
        What you would have been better off doing is making a page for the top & sides & cloning it each time or having it as a template. These parts would then be constant on all pages.

Ah! Just like our local bus service. We all come at the same time & then have to wait hours for the next one.
        LOL
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

First, let me apologize for being impatient....I am sorry.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, as far as the text being jumbled, they were referring to it overlapping in several places. Ironically, the comments are coming from a printing company who works with graphic design.

I will check out the websafe fonts..and follow the other suggestions.
          Thanks again for all your help!
          Melissa
          Melissa Collum
          Virtual Administrative Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by melissavirtualassistant View Post
            the comments are coming from a printing company who works with graphic design.

Melissa

Are they viewing your site with a`Mac? I'm working on a new site and it looks awful on Macs but fine with a PC running IE or Firefox.
            "Lets see what is down the road"

-Grandpa

http://www.panamintcharlie.com

Comment

i just went through the whole site and found no issues. have you fixed it? if so please let us know.
              Mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info
              mrmagoo144
              www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
              X