• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diane Milinowski
    Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

I have visited the Soholaunch forum

I'm probably posting in the wrong area but I have visited the Soholaunch forum and there is no place to post a question. I am trying to upload the template I've built in BV but the image will not appear. The template is named .htm--is this wrong?

Thanks
    Diane Milinowski
    Diane Milinowski
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: I have visited the Soholaunch forum

Yes, that is an incorrect procedure: you cannot use a "BV Template/page design" with Soholaunch.....your can only change the "attributes" of the Soholaunch foundation (swap out images, change colors, re-define table sizes, etc.). Soholaunch is a .php foundation, whereas BV uses HTML+CSS and that is why the extensions are seen as .html

If you have a BV-created page (look and feel, theme or design) that you really want to *******te over to Soholaunch (and can't find a template that comes close enough to merely swap things out), your best bet is to get in touch with Ben at Template Zapper to have him make you a custom Soho template --- extremely affordable ($50-90) and he is the best of the very few who specialize in Soho. An example of his work using my "BV-layout/idea" and adding a little Flash in the header can be seen here, in my yet incomplete store ....if I remember correctly, it cost me around $70.

>> The official Soholaunch Support Forum also requires you to register before you have the ability to post freely therein......you really should become familiar with the forum and all the other resources there to be better enabled to make your Soho Shop shine! (Ask Ben about dynamic navigation and other goodies too!)
    The Official Soholaunch Support Resources Center Here
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

PS: Looking For Free Soholaunch Templates?

Comment

• Diane Milinowski
        Sergeant Major

• Aug 2007

No sir, I've already found the free templates!! and have picked one but also thanks for the link. I've just contacted Ben at Template Zapper and am waiting for a response. ....otherwise, from what your saying I can't even upload a page I've designed in BV to Soholaunch at all -- like a page full of product links and then add them to my shopping cart? This would be extremely helpful if you could tell me this. Otherwise all of the attempts I've made to this point has failed so I'm supposing my answer is no.

Thanks
        Diane
        Diane Milinowski

Comment

• Bethers
          Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

No - Soho and BV are both completely different builders - you cannot use pages from one on the other. You need to decide on one builder or the other. You CAN build stores on BV - but not using the Soho cart (see my stores in my siggy) OR you can build stores on Soho.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Diane Milinowski View Post
            No sir, I've already found the free templates!! and have picked one but also thanks for the link. I've just contacted Ben at Template Zapper and am waiting for a response. ....otherwise, from what your saying I can't even upload a page I've designed in BV to Soholaunch at all -- like a page full of product links and then add them to my shopping cart? This would be extremely helpful if you could tell me this. Otherwise all of the attempts I've made to this point has failed so I'm supposing my answer is no.

Thanks
            Diane
            Correct.....this is not possible (like I said earlier).

It all depends on what kind of store, and how much functionality you really require to make it happen for you that will be the reasoning for you to finally choose between using Blue Voda or Soholaunch.

If you think that having a simple PayPal type transactional ability and the simplified page-to-page method (non-Search, or non-Search by Category, etc.) will suffice, then maybe the "look and feel" of what you have already done in BV is worth keeping --- since it is a type of website you can easily update or modify already.

If however, you have a lot of products, need a more robust and "professional" live processing of transaction, in-site Search tools (look up product by price, category, gender, etc.), and many of the built-in features Soholaunch boasts (newsletters, forum, email distribution, etc.), then I would persue learning and using Soholaunch, with emphasis on time invested in familiarization and understanding it before simply implementing: you need the confidence in knowing what all it can do if you are to make headway with a plan in mind, so as to have a cognizant idea of the steps and methods needed to make that plan happen.
            Glad to hear you touched base with Ben.....he will undoubtedly serve your interests completely with regard to a proper Soho development!

If you need a little friendly consultation regarding your eCommerce plan, contact the OmniSource Team ...... they specialize in eCommerce developments, and offer their expertise regularly.

Comment

Working...
            X