Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online image optimizer.... confused

Hello!

I have just realised I may have posted this question in the wrong thread... I am slightly confused as to how to use the Online Image Optimizer: http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/

I don't understand.... I have resized the photos using the pic resizer, but I am not quite sure how to select the optimised photo in the online optimizer. It gave me about 10 options, but no instructions on how I select the one that I feel provides the right quality.

unless I can't spot it... very strange... Do I just right click and Save As or is there another option of selecting a photo?

Many thanks...

Re: Online image optimizer.... confused

Originally posted by desinel View Post
    Hello!

I have just realised I may have posted this question in the wrong thread... I am slightly confused as to how to use the Online Image Optimizer: http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/

I don't understand.... I have resized the photos using the pic resizer, but I am not quite sure how to select the optimised photo in the online optimizer. It gave me about 10 options, but no instructions on how I select the one that I feel provides the right quality.

unless I can't spot it... very strange... Do I just right click and Save As or is there another option of selecting a photo?

Many thanks...

www.turnkeyssdevelopment.com
    If I am not mistaken, you just save the image to your computer,(yes right click and save as) wherever you want it to reside. Be sure and save it with a different name than the original so you don't lose your original higher resolution image.
    Liz
    www.sebastopolparty.com
    www.raynordescendents.com

Ring the bells that still can ring

Comment

thank you very much!

I will try this...

Comment

Hi,
        Above each image it gives you the size of the file in bytes and a % reduction (if i remember correctly or is it % of original). Anyway, you look at the images to see what image satisfies your "standard" for quality as an image as viewed on the screen with the least file size. (which means will download faster).
        Rick

Comment

On the top lefthand corner of each image you will find a similar notation as below:

Quality:
          60 [jpg]
          89.2 kb
          Savings:
          -37 %

The above indicate that your original photo has a .jpg file extension.
          The size of the photo [as shown] is 89.2 kb
          The original photo quality has been reduced by 37%.

What is you choice? For faster loading the photo size shown in "kb" has to be as low as possible without compromising the quality of the original photo.

If you are selling something the quality of the image has to be maintained at an acceptable clarity, otherwise the product you are selling will not look presentable.

Remember the higher the savings number, the less the photo size but the
          quality of your photo will worsen.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
          X