• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • umairda1
    Private

• Dec 2007

whats the best way to extend a template vertically

hello, i want to extent my (self made) template downwards in order to accommodate more content. what i usually do is take the bottom-half of the template, save it as a jpeg and add it in as a picture. This looks okay in the browser, and the template doesn't look distorted. Can working with templates, especially extending them, be worked through in any other way? thanks
  • LadyEye
    General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: whats the best way to extend a template vertically

hmmm... not sure what program you might be using to create your template ...

If you are using blue vodas shapes, well then you can just make those any size you like, if you are using an image editing program to build your template why not make it the longer or the size you need?

Maybe if you need a different size for just a couple of your pages, make two templates instead, a short and long version ..

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Collectors-info
      General

• Feb 2006

Re: whats the best way to extend a template vertically

Its hard to say without seeing the template. But if you can, slice the template into 3 images. If you go to this page for an example. LINK. The center area is three images. The top and bottom are a fixed image & the middle in an image placed as the background in a table. If i need to extend the page, i just pull the bottom image down & stretch the table down that has an image that repeats.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
      X