• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KLV
    Private First Class

• Dec 2007

Linking images to an email other than mine

Client ID 198426
    I am building an art website with 3 galleries of 16 images.
    I have used the lightbox tool to enter my images but I fear that i will not be able to give more details than the titles to these images. I have a suspicion I may have to start over my image galleries.
    1) This is what needs to happen on my website: Each image/painting must enlarge. On the enlargment there must be details about the painting and if applicable; an email link to the Art Gallery that has the original painting in hand.
    2) If using light box feature do i have images a size like 400pxl x 400 and if I understand the lightbox will reduce them to thumnails. Would this be correct?
    3) How do I get what i need. Do I create a grid and slip the images in it the cells ...then link them to the large image etc Help Help Help.
    thank you Kristeen
    I need the features I have in my "non bluevoda current website" here are to links to show what i am looking for.
    http://kristeenverge.com/gallery_one.htm http://kristeenverge.com/pheonix.htm
    Thank you kindly
    KLV
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Linking images to an email other than mine

Hi, the light box is for the odd few images & personally i wouldn't recommend it for a gallery as the thumbnails look bad & have the same KB,s as the larger image that is originally used. (will bog your pages down)
    If you don't mind a bit of playing with some html? There is a link at the bottom of this page with a link at the bottom of the pop up image on how to do it.
    This script will allow you to add text & links under the image. You can also group images with this script, in that if you had images of? lets say 12 fire & 12 water, you can group the images from the same page so that the light box only shows one or the other if needed.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• mrmagoo144
      Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

Re: Linking images to an email other than mine

another option is to have a gallery page with resized images on each page - let's say 250 x 250 or can be any size you want. Then link each resized image to it's own page. That way you can have the bigger image the size of the complete page with all the information on it. you can also include your navigation bar on each page so the customer can go anywhere they want to.
      hope this helps,
      mrmagoo144www.videopostcards.info
      mrmagoo144
      www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
      X