• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarlosMayor
    Corporal

• Dec 2007

protecting my pictures

Hi everyone!

How can avoid people could download or copy my pictures?

Thanks a lot!!
  • Marincky
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: protecting my pictures

Basically you can't. There is software available that stops people right clicking etc but it's a total waste of time because most people know how to overcome that. You can put watermarks on your images so that people are unlikely to use them plus add a copyright statement on the site. However, a long and costly court battle needs to justify what you are trying to protect.
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• CarlosMayor
      Corporal

• Dec 2007

Thanks colonel Marincky!

Comment

• CarlosMayor
        Corporal

• Dec 2007

Hi again..
        I would like to know how could I make somenthig similar to this web www.antoniosaura.org

Probably there is a way to overcome that protection but I think it will work for most of mortals like me.
        Also I like the idea of showing the pages without the navigation bars,etc... on the top.How can I do that?

Comment

• CarlosMayor
          Corporal

• Dec 2007

protecting my pictures II

Hi everyone!
          I would like to know how could I make somenthig similar to this web www.antoniosaura.org

Probably there is a way to overcome that protection but I think it will work for most of mortals like me.
          Also I like the idea of showing the pages without the navigation bars,etc... on the top.How can I do that?

Comment

• Marincky
            General

• Apr 2006

That's quite a nifty little trick where the pictures shut down if you try to right click them but even then I can still take those pictures if I wanted to by doing a screen capture, so still not 100% useful but nevertheless would stop some in their tracks. Not sure how that's done, hopefully someone else will know the answer to this and post soon for you.
            Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

• Bethers
              Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Don't know what you're talking about - I can right click all the pictures on that site and save them. But disabling right click doesn't mean a thing - as I can also use the regular computer commands to do so.

Where did you see a picture shut down? Didn't happen to me in IE7 - didn't try it in other browsers. But again - if that works in some browsers, it is only a trick - and there are many ways around it - and those who want the pics will get them.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
                Don't know what you're talking about - didn't try it in other browsers.
                Me neither ... and I did try it in Opera, Slim, IE, FF and even MSN (just to prove a point).

FYI: The reason the resource website mentioned does not have the "address bar" and other common browser window look is because it is an on-click pop-up window that is subsequently in-window linked.
                This is a simple php link style, and is usually seen in CMS sites designed for corporate clients that require "session ID" cookies to track a visitor's progress on the site to enable Client Services to intuitively initiate "chat" or other services.......
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• pioneerVicki
                  First Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

If you're unsure of watermarking; check out what I've done:-
                  http://www.aboriginalarttreasures.com/paintings.php I've chosen the design because it ties in with aboriginal markings.
                  For some photos you can also use the 'shape feature' set to transparent. (If someone saves the photo, all they save is the shape) I've done that to a few photos I don't want folks enlargening. Don't forget to use 'alternative text' if you use the shape feature. Unfortunately there is no easy answer & someone always doesn't like whatever you chose to do.
                  www.dinkdy.info
                  www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
                  www.thegemlovers.com
                  www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
                  X