• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CarlosMayor
    Corporal

• Dec 2007

Thumbnails-lightbox

Hi everyone!

Because my pictures have diferent size, my thumbnails show up messy...if I mantain the aspect ratio they get distorted.
    How could I sort this out ?
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Thumbnails-lightbox

Hi, you cant with the BV light box. You can with this one LINK
    There is a small sample on this page LINK

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• CarlosMayor
      Corporal

• Dec 2007

Thanks a lot, but I have not idea how to follow the steps..could you translate it for an idiot (myself).
      THanks!!

Comment

• pioneerVicki
        First Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

This may not be any help to you; but I had the same problems as my paintings are different shapes. I ended up making a feature of it by being careful of the order I put paintings in. Check out the home page of my arts store as well as this one http://www.aboriginalarttreasures.com/tasmania.php

That idea may not be any good to you depending on what you have in your store. As you can see on my home page I have quite a few different objects with totally different shapes & I think it works ok.
        www.dinkdy.info
        www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
        www.thegemlovers.com
        www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Vicki?
          Other than "seeding your links," essentially what question did you answer for Carlos? He asked for specific steps, so I would think it would be proper to provide your example and then detail specifically steps on how to accomplish it, right?

Please....continue....
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• pioneerVicki
            First Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

Generalissimo,
            I didn't intend to seed links. (As I have never had a sale yet on any of my 3 stores from visitors from forums in the 3 years I've been on them I wouldn't bother!) I was just suggesting that he might be able to use the BV lightbox like I did. As Carlos says he doesn't understand the steps & needs to downloads another program he could just use the standard one.

As for the specific steps I used. To begin with I used photos I already had. On the BV page I just clicked the lightbox symbol, then I put in some of the photos & left everything standard. Because they were different sizes I unticked the box; but discovered immediately some were distorted so ticked it again. Then I extended the number of photos accross the page from 3 to 4 & then more. I just experimented with the order of photos till I got something that was pleasing to the eye. I basically still do this, but after using the lightbox feature several times I'm slightly more adventurous now with trying a few different sizes before I settle on something. (though I have never changed anything on the Home page except change a few photos - it's still on the default setting that first came up.) The only problem I have if I want to include a number of different shapes photos is getting a number that is pleasing to the eye. I may have to include 1 more or 1 less than I first intended or even a different photo altogether. eg a boomerang rather than a didgeridoo.
            To me the beauty of a lightbox is that it lets you use use horizontal & vertical photos etc together. If I don't want that, I use a gallery feature.
            I hope something in the above is useful to Carlos or yourself. Personally I'm a little unsure why he wants to use a lightbox if he wants everything the same shape & size. But I'm certainly no expert on lightboxs. Maybe the one he's talking about has a certain different feature that is important to him. I did notice Carlos says his photos are distored if he uses the 'maintain aspect ratio' I find the opposite has been true in my case, that's why I put the links to my pages in. I was only trying to be helpful; sorry if I failed.
            www.dinkdy.info
            www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
            www.thegemlovers.com
            www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

• Collectors-info
              General

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by CarlosMayor View Post
              Thanks a lot, but I have not idea how to follow the steps..could you translate it for an idiot (myself).
              THanks!!
              Hi, this may help LINK
              Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
              X