• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K9Jeweler
    Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Image Issue

Hello, I had to get a new computer. Everything was working great on the old one but now that the data has been transferred to the new one, I get "image not found" with the red exclamation point on the BV Builder and on the "preview in browser" . The pictures show up when I look at my website online but I fear that may just be cached files. I don't know why BlueVoda isn't working right or if it IS working right but the files transferred wrong when they were moved from the old computer to the new..?? My domain is: redlandschinesecresteds.com
    Thanks for any help. I'm lost as a goose and frustrated to boot.
    Joyce (K9Jeweler)
  • Tom vR
    Brigadier General

• Apr 2007

Re: Image Not Found Issue

Hi K9,

Normally when you add your graphics, you specify the location of the source file. Now with using a new computer, that source file might be in a different folder. Your Blue Voda web folders may be in different location in My Documents etc. All the above will cause the red cross, because BV tries to fetch the pictures from its original location (folder path).

You need to either ensure the path is exactly the same on the new computer, OR you should simply re-populate your pictures and then publish.
    Bless you
    Tom

Comment

• K9Jeweler
      Private First Class

• Sep 2007

Re: Image Issue

Thanks Tom, I'll be sure to check that out. I thought I might need to download the BV program again to be sure all of that was where it should be, etc but since I've already had the link to download sent to my email address I get an error message saying I've already got the program. I hope your suggestion will do the trick.
      Thanks again.

Comment

• LadyEye
        General & Forum Moderator

• Jun 2006

Re: Image Issue

Hi .. Just wanted to add that your images are not just being cached, they will remain on your website on the internet and like Tom says if you want to see these images when you open up your blue voda page, then you will need to reinsert them onto your blue voda page ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X