Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using .png pics

Here's one for you...

I had been working building my website in Blue Voda and everything was going smoothly...actually the easier builder I've ever found...

Everything was working fine and when I went to go preview it when I was half done...all my .png files aka picture that I had created in adobe photoshop are now gone...they act like they load and it shows them missing with the little read x and then even that disappears...

Not sure why all the sudden this started happening because like I said it was all working beautifully...

So problem = using .png pics so that they are transparent aka no background and they just stopped magically appearing in preview...

And that is on all my pages.

I even unistalled and reinstalled the software...and just put on .png pic on a blank page and it's still doing it.

Can anyone help me? Cause I have been working hard to get this website done because it's for my business.

If it helps I use Microsoft Vista to which seems to have a memory problem with everything I even try to install. Forgets passwords - Doesn't remember I updated things or even just changed simple things...so I'm wondering if it is that...

Re: Blue voda stop displaying my pictures in preview

Hi, can you post your url for us to see?
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

well it's not up yet...It just the preview but I can put up the files so you can download them...that I have used aka the blue voda files...and my files I have used so far...does that help?

Comment

I forgot to mention it all looks fine in the program till I go to preview...then that's where it shows the red x and where the pic should be then all the sudden they disappear like the pic has loaded but still no picture...
        Last edited by MeCanX; 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi, would be a lot quicker to publish, it will save having to post the pages & all the image files. Also if you post the page, i am not sure if all the relevant js files will come with it.
          Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Re: using .png pics

Ok, well that's kind of where I'm running into an issue...I have already purchased the domain name and paid for 3 years of webhosting through another service...your software doesn't allow me to publish anywhere except to a blue voda website to which I understand how all that works but that's just one more thing that I really don't want to pay for at this time because the other will go to waste...

So what is your suggestion on that...?

Comment

Hi, unfortunately! you will need to have a Vodahost account to use BV. I cant see there is a way around this. Its a shame BV don't make an alternative program for use on other servers. I think it would sell quite well.

Good luck.
              Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I agree with you there...and apparently it's something with VISTA because now maps are not coming up either...and I get a line error with them. I went and built a page on another computer and it works just fine...so I'm pretty sure it's this HIGH TECH piece of equipment that is hardly 3 months old that is having the issue...

Thanks for the Help but I'll just build it on the other computer and hope that this one last me...It would sell like hot cakes if they made it to publish another way also...I love this program...so freakin easy!

Comment

Working...
                X