• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aki
    Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Best page size? Auto fitter exist??

Hey everyone,

I have run into problem with the size of my pages (as in width). I viewed my site www.learnflashfromhome.com at my friends house and my site barely fit on the screen, lol. I have a large screen at home so i made it so it fits perfectly at my place...but doesn't seem to be the same with others.

So my question is should i manually resize everything till the screen is about 1024 x 768 which seems to be the average size (correct me if i'm wrong) or is their a tool which auto adjusts my site to the viewers resolution? I've seen some sites where it is auto done but i'm not sure if BV supports such a trick.

Any help is appreciated :)
    http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Best page size? Auto fitter exist??

Hi, viewing your page is down to what each computers resolution is set at & screen size wont effect this.
    You have your page set at 1600 wide & should be aiming at 1000 max & in my personal opinion 800 max (But that’s my preference) In BV go to menu>layout>guide settings & make sure all boxes are ticked with the exemption of Snap to grid. Now set the page width to between 800 to 1000 & press ok. You should now have an area on the screen to work within. If you place anything outside this area, the screen will have side scroll.

Good luck.
    PS, remember to center screen in page properties.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• Aki
      Sergeant

• Feb 2008

Re: Best page size? Auto fitter exist??

Hey thanks for the help! I'll have to re-adjust the size of all my pages now so hopefully that will go alright.

Have a good one Chris! :)
      http://www.learnflashfromhome.com - Short Flash courses with online help - learn flash

Comment

Working...
      X