• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimchicago
    Major

• Aug 2006

Clicking on Rollover, Ad Banner Rotator

I just started fiddling around with a couple of similar tools in BV, the rollover and ad banner rotator, and noticed a "quirk" in each of them:

1) When I create a rollover and then preview the page, the image changes as it should when I mouse over it. But if I haven't specified a destination URL in the rollover properties dialog, clicking the (2nd) image puts me on a web page showing a bunch of images I've used in creating various BV pages. The web page has this URL:
    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Jim/Local%20Settings/Temp/preview

What is this page? I'm not planning to publish any page with a rollover that has no destination URL, but if I did by accident, I wouldn't want the visitor to see this random collection of images--it would make no sense to them.

2) When I use the ad banner rotator, it also works fine in preview. The rotating images seem to be clickable--that is, when I mouse over them, my cursor changes to a "pointer hand"--but nothing happens when I click them.

In a way this makes sense, as the rotator properties dialog box doesn't allow me to type in a destination URL--so then why do those images appear to be clickable? Come to think of it: If it's an "ad banner rotator," shouldn't the user be able to click the rotating ad(s) and get to a landing page of my choice? Thank you.
  • jimchicago
    Major

• Aug 2006

Re: Clicking on Rollover, Ad Banner Rotator

Hi Moderators . . . would be very happy to hear from one of you, or another user who can address these questions. Thanks!

Comment

• jimchicago
      Major

• Aug 2006

Hello . . . a penny for a moderator's (or knowledgeable user's) thoughts on these questions? Thank you!

Comment

• jimchicago
        Major

• Aug 2006

It's now been two weeks since I posted my original message in this thread. I'm still hoping someone might reply and answer these two questions for me. Naval, Bethers, LadyEye . . . ? I have been patient about this one!

Comment

• jimchicago
          Major

• Aug 2006

Again, I would very much appreciate a moderator's or other BV-wise person's answer to the question(s) below (as it has now been several weeks). Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X