Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading images

Hi there,
    I am wondering if there is an easy way to uplaod images to BV? I have quite a number of images to uploed and all of them are high res and need to remain in perfect quality when they get re-sized into smaller images. The last web building site that i used made it really easy for you to resize the image as you were uplaoding it onto the page....(needless to say the whole website is now a total mess after publishing it!!! but that is a whole other story!!)

Thanks!
    Sharon

Re: Loading images

Blue Voda offers a resizer called Pix Resizer. You can google it or go to the help center and the link is there. it will take your full size res pictures and resize them without losing pixalization. The easiest way to up load is with the image import tool with the builder. you can also upload them using your cpanel but in both cases you have to upload one at a time.
    mrmagoo144
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Hi,
      Do I understand that you want to have hi-res photos/art with a thumbnail to click on to show the enlarged high res photo?
      If you use the gallery function the thumbnails will be generated and you can choose whatever size for the thumbnails that you want. All photos will be automatically uploaded when you publish.
      Realize that high res photos will take a L O N G T I M E to load. You should not have very many on a page. (5?)
      It will also take a long time for the "Publish" function to complete.
      Or......do you just need a quality image to load? The Pix Resizer works fine for that.
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

Hi, it’s not worth putting hi res images on a web site in that 95% of users won’t have a screen that can show a hi-res image & as Terry said, will just annoy visitors with long loading times.
        For good quality showing of images, you won’t get much better than a thumbnail at 10/20kb & a main 600x800 pop up image at 250kb. Most pixels above this is just a waist.
        If your images are of high quality? Then you may get away with less resolution to help with faster loading.
        If you use pixresizer? Don’t for get to resize the physical size of the image as well as the DPI at the same time. (Many forget)

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi, it’s not worth putting hi res images on a web site in that 95% of users won’t have a screen that can show a hi-res image & as Terry said, will just annoy visitors with long loading times.
          For good quality showing of images, you won’t get much better than a thumbnail at 10/20kb & a main 600x800 pop up image at 250kb. Most pixels above this is just a waist.
          If your images are of high quality? Then you may get away with less resolution to help with faster loading.
          If you use pixresizer? Don’t for get to resize the physical size of the image as well as the DPI at the same time. (Many forget)

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for your help guys - i actually stumbled across Pixresizer this morning all by myself..yay me!!!!
            Ok now i have another question......what is the link that i need to enter when i want guests to click on a link that directs them straigh to an email with my email address already entered???

Comment

I dont have the link but dynamic drive has an email "riddler" that encrypts the link to keep spam bots from harvesting your email address. It's very simple and you copy the html that they give you and put it into an html box on BV.
              CarbonTerry
              Semper Fi
              Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
              Zone 5 Photo
              My USMC

Comment

is dynamic drive a different program or part of BV aka where can i find it?? google??

Comment

Hi,
                  The simples way to uplaod images to mySQL database. First you need to create a custom database table. The name of this table can be named as 'images_table'. Now by SQL code for create the table.

Thank you

http://www.giftbasketsdelights.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X