• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • venommagazine
    Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Font Issues

I recently published my September/October issue of http://www.venommagazine.net

When the pages were created, previewed and published on my computer all formatting and fonts were in place. However, when I viewed it on a different computer the font was different and some of the formatting was off. What I am most concerned about is what my readers are viewing. I would hate for them to see the jumbled mess that I viewed on the different computer. Please advise on any remedy for this.

Thanks!

PS. I have viewed other online magazines that do not seem to have this problem.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Font Issues

1. Be sure to add an extra "space" at the end of every textbox, so the last line does not 'reform' to present as line-and-a-half spacing.
    2. LOCK everything on your BV page prior to publishing to prevent shifting.
    3. Realize that IE and Firefox (and variants) display sites slightly differently, and depending on the monitor/User settings and preferences, may occasionally shift items on pages if the above are not implemented.

Also, keep in mind that if you use a font style that is not universal, (although you may not pick it up at first) the font you see computer to computer may not even be the one you intended, but the nearest "similarly-appearing" replacement based on the Font Family that is present on that particular system....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• venommagazine
      Sergeant

• Sep 2008

Thanks for the tips!! So what you are saying is there is no way of knowing what type of font will appear on the page once published. OK I understand that, so my next question is, why do I not see this font problem with any other random site visited?

Comment

• mrmagoo144
        Brigadier General

• Feb 2007

If you use web friendly fonts they will appear as you have set it up. i looked at your site and did not see anything where it shouldnt be. follow the tips, use web friendly fonts and you should be alright.
        mrmagoo144
        mrmagoo144
        www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Working...
        X