Quick question from newbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question from newbe

I'm looking into buying a template and I find this template that maybe I like.

Here's what it says is required:

SOFTWARE REQUIRED:
    Hosting with PHP4x and MySQL4x;
    Apache Server;
    WordPress 2.3.x and higher;
    Adobe Photoshop CS+;
    For uncompressing a template ZIP package:
    WinZip 9+ (Windows);
    Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac);

Briefly, does this mean that I can't just use this template and drop it into BlueVoda? Or do I have to own, for instance, Adobe Photoshop CS? or WordPress?

Sorry about the naivete' of this question. But this is where I need help.

Ciao,

Gee

Re: Quick question from newbe

Most of the required software you would have to purchase such as photoshop (to edit the template) WinZip (Windows) or Stuffit Expander 10+ (Mac). Why not try to make your own to look like the template you are interested in using BV?
    Reguards
    Ed
    www.dsondesigns.com
    www.marseillesyouthsports.com
    www.300hitter.com
    www.bigjk.net
    How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Re: Quick question from newbe

I suppose that this is a Wordpress template, not a generic site template.

If yes:

The VH servers meet the necessary requirements.

Wordpress is available (with automatic installation) through your Control Panel, Fantastico (version 2.6 which covers the template requirements)

You don't need Photoshop unless you want to edit the template.

Winzip: you can download and use it free (as trial) for a period, so you don't need to buy that either. Once you have extracted the files from he zip, you don't need it anymore.

And, unless it is a locked zip, (which i don't believe) you can download and use the free winrar instead of winzip.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
      X