• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crazeycane
    Sergeant

• Aug 2008

creating a default template

can i create my own template from scratch amd save it so that I can use as my template design on any page I create. Creating these pages over from scratch is getting very tedious. Especially since im only on page 9 and I haev about 50 more to go.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: creating a default template

You really need to get on the program: use the Tutorials (which would have shown you how to use the CLONE feature in Blue Voda), read the previous threads here throughout the VodaTalk Forums, do a Forum Search to find specific threads and answers, and THEN post your question if cannot be solved using any other method.

It saves a lot of time (don't have to wait around), and helps keep redundancy to a softer roar!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
      Special Status

• Oct 2007

You also might want to look at this thread to do with menu bars http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html (by Naval) especially as you are making so many pages.

There is nothing worse than creating a lot of pages when later on you need to add another page link (to each page)

Along with the tutorials that Vaseli has suggested, study that thread as well. It will save you lots of time and hair pulling.

Good luck

Darren

Comment

• crazeycane
        Sergeant

• Aug 2008

Ty. I've seen this thread and read this thread And when the time comes I hope Im ready for it, but for the time being I really need to know how to create my own sample template. Once again I appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Comment

• DCOFFICESERVICES
          Special Status

• Oct 2007

Originally posted by crazeycane View Post
          Ty. I've seen this thread and read this thread And when the time comes I hope Im ready for it, but for the time being I really need to know how to create my own sample template. Once again I appreciate all the help and suggestions.
          This is how I do it:

I create a page and save it as index
          Using the same page I click file save as contact_us
          Using this page I click file save as about_us

When you looking the BV folder where these are saved you will see the three pages I've made.

I then open them up and put the appropriate info on.

Please note when creating links (using my examples)

the link for index will be http://www.mydomain.com/
          the link for contact_us will be http://www.mydomain.com/contact_us.html
          the link for About_us will be http://www.mydomain.com/about_us.html

Get the jist?

Regards

Darren

Comment

• crazeycane
            Sergeant

• Aug 2008

Thanks for the suggestion and i see how that can work I appreciate it. The video link tutorial was no help at all but while continuing to create my pages I stumbled on what I was looking for. Hopefully this helps others who are looking for the same method.

When you create the page to your liking and your ready to save the page.
            Click file
            Click Save as
            It gives you the option to save it in the BV template folder
            Click templates
            Name your file
            Click save

Now when you open a new page, just open the template folder, then open your save file and all of your attributes are there.

Hopefully this is helpful

Comment

Working...
            X