Rotating banners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating banners

I have used a rotating banner in my header. Every 40 seconds the scenic photo at the top of my page rotates to another. Instead of the quick flick from picture to picture I would like the old picture to dissolve out and the new one to appear in it's place. Does anyone know how I can do this please?
    www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
    www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
    www.TwinPines.co.nz

Re: Rotating banners

this is called tranistions. you can make a movie clip with movie maker and just use the transitions that you would like. if you want to send me the pictures i would be happy to make the clip for you and you can import with movie maker or flash tool
    go to my website and you will find my contact information. Also let me know how long you would like each picture to show. Usually 4 or 5 seconds does very well.
    hope i can help.
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for that.

It turns out I had Movie Maker too so I had a play and set it all up, got it looking right and the whole file was huge (way too big).

Still trying to get something I'm happy with
      www.ArlineFishingCharter.co.nz
      www.NewZealandFishingCharter.com
      www.TwinPines.co.nz

Comment

You can also find a number of scripts available that can do this as simply as the "Ad Banner Rotator" tool in Blue Voda. Many allow you to add the Dissolve, Shutter, Blinds, Spin, and Shatter transition as part of the function.
        Most of these are in the genre of advertising, and allowing not only the rotation of banners, but also sizes --- with and without hyperlinks as well.

Another alternative is to use the single function of an affiliate program, so once installed, it will allow you to "manage banners" is many ways you did not first think possible.

Check out www.DynamicDrive.com | www.HotScripts.com | and other Google Search Results for "banner roator scripts" for the effects you want.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

i cant imagine just using 2 or 3 banners in making a movie that would create such a huge file. i have a ton of videos on my site with each video taking its own page. some of the screens are big and some are small. in all cases the video comes up right away for any of the visitors. i dont even have to upload through ftp separately and just through publishing. i think you are making this to be too difficult for yourself
          mrmagoo144
          www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
            I have used a rotating banner in my header. Every 40 seconds the scenic photo at the top of my page rotates to another. Instead of the quick flick from picture to picture I would like the old picture to dissolve out and the new one to appear in it's place. Does anyone know how I can do this please?
            Take a look at this link and follow the instructions carefully. http://www.collectors-info.com/testi...mage_show.html
            It allowed me to add a fading effect (transition) for my banner rotater and I love it.
            You can also see the following thread. It gives a little more info. http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ade-blend.html.
            I added text to a few pics using paint shop pro and it turned out nice. 40 secs a pic is too loooong. try for 3-5

Comment

Working...
            X