• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcaywood
    Major

• Dec 2007

Deleting BV gifs used in Menus

I originally used the BV Menu Bar for my add-on site. I have since changed to a CSS-menu and it seems to publish faster and load faster plus I don't see all the hits in Latest Visitors to these gifs. Let's say you have 250 pages with 10 menu links on each page and you have each button to change color when they roll over it...that creates a lot of gifs.
    I would like to delete these unused gifs. Is there some drawback to doing so that I am overlooking. or some reason I should leave them alone?
    BTW, I would only delete the BV gifs for the rhsclassof1965 site.
    Thanks.
    Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
    Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
    Milam County Historical Commission

• dougnez
    Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Re: Deleting BV gifs used in Menus

Hi jaycwood
    Removing a lot of gifs (bvxxxxxx.gif) from your files in the control panel can be done ... It is tedious and detailed (a drag) ... you have to identify each gifs (bvxxxx number) and delete one by one...
    Doug

Comment

• jcaywood
      Major

• Dec 2007

Thanks Doug, I"ll probably remove them via FTP instead of File Manager. It would take forever to delete them one by one and wait for File Manager to reload each time.
      Jerry

Great Adult Gag Gifts
      Rockdale, TX - Class of 1965
      Milam County Historical Commission

Comment

• dougnez
        Brigadier General

• Aug 2006

Hi jcaywood
        That will be a lot faster .. but..When you remove them via FTP.. they will be gone forever with no way to retrieve them... So good luck and have fun.. Doug

Comment

Working...
        X