Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fade in & out images

Hello!
    I'm creating a new home page and would like to have a series of panoramic photos fading into each other as a main feature.

Having read various ways of doing this I'm trying dynamicdrive.com ( the blending image slideshow script ) and can't seem to figure out what to do to make it work.
    Has anyone done this?

I've inserted the step 1 script into the between head tag and the step 2 script into the end of body tag.

I've now got to configure the images and links but not quite sure what to do.

Would appreciate any help!
    Thank you!

Elena
    www.lescrouquets.net

Re: fade in & out images

there are other alternatives that will give you good transitions. you probably have movie maker on your hard drive. just make a wmv file with your pictures. if the file is not too big then it should play immediately. if the file is big then convert the file to a swf file and that will play immediately. it is easy to upload to your site as on the left you have a windows tool as well as a flash tool. i have a ton of examples of this on my website but if you want to see a swf file with pictures go here:
    www.videopostcards.info/beallhome.html
    another alternative is to animate your picture files.you will need software to do this, but if you want i would be happy to do this for you. it will not give you the ability to put different transitions as i have done above, but it will show up to 100 pictures and downloads fast. here is that example:

need any help, feel free to ask
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Not sure on the one mentioned. But if any use? I used an easy one with a caption a wile back. Sample The only thing with a lot of the fade type slide show scripts, is they will often only work with IE, & not all browsers.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
        I've been working with various options but I don't think I have photographs with the quality/format I need to achieve what I want. I'll keep trying though!
        Thanks again!
        Elena
        www.lescrouquets.net

Comment

Working...
        X