Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set width & height dimensions

Hello,

My site is www.portret.is , it's still under construction..

Hopefully someone can explain this to me.

I was checking SEO of my site and they mention the following..

"Not all images on page have width & height dimensions: Make sure all img tags have height & width attributes"

How do I set these dimensions? When I look at the properties of the pictures in BV I can't find anything to do that.

Thanks and regards,

Gmark
    www.portret.is

Re: Set width & height dimensions

SEO has NOTHING to do with your height and width dimensions. Whats important is that you have the ALT TAG used properly.

BV generally does this for you when you insert the pic, and then you get the handles to SIZE it.. otherwise its whatever size it is and if you right click on it ..choose properties the box that comes up will usually tell you what the dimensions are.

That would come under proper code under the W3C html compliance codes and NOTHING to do with SEO

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thank you Karen
      www.portret.is

Comment

Further to the above. I'm finding difficult to set the correct proportions for my images. When imported they are way too big and have to be reduced. They are rather long and narrow images by the way. When I use Photoshop or other graphics programs I can constrain the proportions. Can I do this in BV ? Or do I have to reduce the proportions before I import to BV ?

Comment

Its best (imo) to reduce both size and kb before adding an image in BV.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

When I insert an picture that I have from my camera into BV it is huge and there are no handles to make them smaller like other imigaes i have inserted. I have tried jpegs and gifs. when I right click onit and select properties there is no size given or options to resize?

Comment

My suggestion is to use the Pix Resizer before you add the pic to BV. You can download this program free from BV support site.

Comment

Yes, all images should be resized before inserting oh your blue voda pages (that is if they are larger than you would like to use)

resizing not onoly reduces the physical size but it also reduces the digital size (kbs) of the image, allowing it to load quicker on your page .. it's a good idea to keep all page content (images, etc) to around 200 kbs ... this will allow your page to load quickly for viewers

here is the link to the pix resizer and other goodies offered by voda host

Download templates, headers, logos and more

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

There was one user who said that the height and width dimensions are not needed for SEO. However, whois.domaintools does recommend having height and width dimensions for each image. I'm not sure whether whois.domaintools is right, but it is disturbing to be stuck at around 95%.

There is a workaround, which is to go into the .html after publishing, finding anywhere where ...border = .. style = ... and adding height = and width = based on the style =. The problem is, if you publish the page again you have to do the manual excercise all over again.

Comment

Centering & other things.

Download the lates BV 11.0 and check out all the new add-ons and options.

BlueVoda 11.0
                    www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                    Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                    State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Working...
                    X