• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wnweb
    Private

• Apr 2008

Question about Pictures

I am trying to creat a website that will be used for photography..ie being able to buy picutres taken. Does anyone have any handy tips on how to make it harder for people to copy the pictures. Any help would be great becuse if I don't do anything I might as well not have the site. I know that its imposible to keep them from being taken, but it can be made harder. Thanks
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Question about Pictures

Watermarking/flash/low KB's/ will make it more difficult.
    Jalbum has a water mark feature built in, & the photoplayer skin has a built in shop (at a price)
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• CarbonTerry
      Major General

• Oct 2005

It's not worth the bother. Your photo's will be low resolution. If someone wants to steal a photo that they can only print at 3X5 inches (won't be very good at that size either) what have you lost????......nothing
      CarbonTerry
      Semper Fi
      Still green...still mean......just not as lean

Red Hawk Archery
      Zone 5 Photo
      My USMC

Comment

• wnweb
        Private

• Apr 2008

When you say flash.....what do you mean?

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

..........as in putting the pictures into a flash movie.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• pioneerVicki
            First Lieutenant

• Jun 2007

I sell photos on my Aboriginal art site. It was only after I put big sized photo in that I sold any. I think putting small sized in is a waste of time. I have watermarked mine in a pattern that suits. I found that any photo I have used on my site, if they are NOT water-marked I've had dozen of hits to the photo address & up would pop a largest size of the photo you had uploaded; obviously people were sealing them. I haven't watermarked the photo of boomerangs on my home page - lot of hits to the enlargened photos of them - don't get any hits on watermarked photos. Right click dis-anbling is a waste of time if you have large photos because people can screen save & I suppect that can happen with photo-splising. You have to do watermarking properly in a decent program & it is best to design your own because it is harder for people to remove it than some standard program. I've tried several things, but water-marking has worked best for me. True, people can steal anything if they want - but I don't think you will sell anything if you put unprotected photos on a site. That makes as much sense as putting up a sign "Burglars please note no-one is at home here between 8a.m. & 6p.m." I've found the lightbox feature good for photos as people can get a reasonable decent view even with watermarking. Even though you will probably only put lower resolution photos than what you sell - you still have to have a reasonable size one which means reasonable quality. A decent photo program can blow photos up even very low pixel photos to a good size & increase the pixel count considerably. While it is true watermarking can be removed - it's difficult to do so & get the pixel number up. I tried a number of things before I used water-marking, wish I had used it before & as stated previously it is only since I started using it that I've made sales.
            www.dinkdy.info
            www.aboriginalarttreasures.com
            www.thegemlovers.com
            www.bigticketmoney.com

Comment

Working...
            X