My pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pictures

I have just changed my pc. From windows XP to Windows Vista. And I have an issue with viewing the content on my page. I hope maybe someone can help me out with any suggestions.

Here it is. When I enter my page, everything appears as broken images and icons. But the funny part is. When I go back and forward on pages and images, it all of the sudden appears again. Until the next time I enter my site. Then Im right back to the broken images again, starting all over. The links works just fine, thats why I can get back and forward on the site.

Is there any advise to me how I can solve this? Thanks for reading
    www.phototales.net

Re: My site shows broken pictures

Is it the site in your signature?

I have had quick look at your site in particular, your gallery and all looks fine.

Is there a specific page(s) we need to look at.

Copy and paste url(s) of pages here.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

It shows okei to you? My problem is on every page within the site. Yes, its the site I have in my signature. I entered it again just now. And the problem lasted even longer than it usually does. I gave up trying to view the content this time. The plain text on the page(s) works just fine. The links also. (cause I know wich one to click to get around to the spesific pages.) The text behind is gone. The button also shows, but thats it. The rest appears as broken images and symbols.

When I used my XP, I never had this issue. Its only on my Vista. And only my page. Strange,uh?
      www.phototales.net

Comment

Hi, I'm using vista & all seems to be coming up fine at this end although a little slow on 1st time visiting. But this is purely image sizes.
        Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank you very much for the feedback. I cant still see anything this time. Darn, Im going crazy soon. I get to see the preview though. Btw Collectors, is the gallery3 slow as well? I have set the images as thumbs in that one. 160x160 in size.
          www.phototales.net

Comment

Hi, it wont mater to what size you squeeze the images too, they will always be the same weight in kb's as the original larger image when using the light box. This should really be used for the odd single image on a page & not a galley. There are lots of FREE light boxes out there, that are 10times faster for a gallery than using this one.
            When you have made a page up in BV, remember to use tools>page weight to see the total page size. Should be aiming for around the 200kb mark
            This is not to bad if all visitors have good broadband, but if on dial up? they will just leave.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Collector. I see I will have to totally re arrange my gallery sections. Removing the light boxes. I know how I would like it to be, but dont know how to get it. Well- well, Ill just keep looking for a new way to have my galleries. And hope for the main problem will be solved as well

Thank you very much.
              www.phototales.net

Comment

Re: My pictures

Is it anything to do with cache? My site goes back to a previously saved page and then when I go to another page and then back its fine. I think its your computer and everyone else will view it ok.

Andy
                Z***** Design
                www.z*****.co.uk

Comment

Merry Christmas Katrine,

I have a suspicious feeling what you are experiencing is a "transition effect"

Right click on the background of your BV page and got to properties> then goto "transition" and see if any one of the transition has been checked.

If it is checked, preview the page in your browser and you can view the transition effect. You will have to wait until the transition is completed before
                  your page becomes visible.

It is the same when you are on line A Webpage has to be fully loaded before it becomes visible.
                  www.siapamoyanganda.com/
                  Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
                  State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Hi Thank you very muh for suggestions. Chace? Oh, IU will have to look into that. I dont even know what a chace is. uh, not good at those teqnical stuff at all

And I will look into the transition effect also. Thank you zuriatman for explaining me how to do this, what to look for

Merry christmas to all
                    www.phototales.net

Comment

Re: Pictures missing

Hi I have recently revamped my website, but now some of my pictures are missing, I have tried everything "deleting, uploading again" they show on my BV files but when I go onto the website they are not there. When I have lokked at the properties of the pictures that are missing it says that there is no protacol, what does this mean and you please tell me where I am going wrong.
                      Many Thanks

Comment

Re: Pictures missing

Originally posted by Farreh View Post
                        Hi I have recently revamped my website, but now some of my pictures are missing, I have tried everything "deleting, uploading again" they show on my BV files but when I go onto the website they are not there. When I have lokked at the properties of the pictures that are missing it says that there is no protacol, what does this mean and you please tell me where I am going wrong.
                        Many Thanks
                        Hi, would need your sites url to give a proper answer.
                        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi,

Try going to "Tools" and click on "Compatibilty View" that should help..I had the same problem.. Good Luck with Visita..
                          Sharon Chajin

Comment

Working...
                          X