This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped about images missing

Hi, I'm frustrated and have read all the threads here about my problem , tried it all and still can't my latest pics to show up on my site. I changed to a shorter one word file name, changed the name completely, deactivated the hot link on the control panel, even tried different pics and can't get them to upload on the page. I thought I had too many pics on the page so I even removed several of them. Don't know why this is not working? I even tried a new picture of the same image, cropped it, reduced size to 37K and tried that and still it doesn't work. Any thoughts would be a great help. The page I'm working on is: http://www.briansimons.com/painting_landscapes.html

Thanks for anything you can do. Brian
    www.briansimons.com

Re: Stumped about images missing

they all loaded up except the cedar and snow - dont think you saved this one correctly. try saving in jpeg. all the rest work fine. you could have a cache problem. did you use the ccleaner that voda suggests? perhaps that will resolve it for you
    mrmagoo144
    www.videopostcards.info

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion Mrmaggoo. I cleared my cache and made sure the image file was a jpg but it still won't upload. The problem is not specific to this image, I've tried others and they won't upload either. Still stumped. Thanks
      www.briansimons.com

Comment

ty naming it without the spaces or underscores.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also, when you publish, make sure that the ALL FILES option has been selected in the files box at the bottom of the dropdown box.
          Have fun
          Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
          Newbies / Beginners Forum
          FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
          My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
          Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Thanks Karen and David. I tried a single name on the file with no caps, I published it as "all files" as suggested, and still no luck. I even tried a new photo and a different photo saving in jpg format, with different variations in the file name and still no luck. I must be missing something here. I've tried everything and still can get a new pic on this page. Never had this problem before and have published hundreds of pics......any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Brian
            www.briansimons.com

Comment

here are the properties of image cedar and snow
              image type - Unknown

Here is a good one at random
              image type - JPEG

I would say that the image itself is corrupt.............

All the rest are viewing OK.
              Have fun
              Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
              Newbies / Beginners Forum
              FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
              My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
              Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

Well, I tried everything, don't understand, but replaced the image with one that was on there before which I new it would accept. Can't figure out why it won't load newer images????Brian
                www.briansimons.com

Comment

Where did you get the NEWER image from? If you got it off a site...and your cache was full.. its probably a .bmp. Even if you save it as jpg, it still will be in the corrupted format.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for responding Karen, no I didn't get it off a site. I took the photos just like always, put them on the computer and use Picassa to edit them as always, not doing anything different than I've always done that I am aware of. I'll take another look though. Maybe my camera settings have changed or something. thanks Karen.
                    www.briansimons.com

Comment

Hi, have you been to your cpanel to see if the image is at your server & also clicked on the images url to see that it comes up & looks ok.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Chris, yes, I checked at the cpanel 'file manager" and the image is not there, so I don't believe its loading to the server at all. Brian
                        www.briansimons.com

Comment

If its not in your c-panel, check the file size that it is not (to) large you could be timing out when it is trying to publish. If all is good simply upload the file to your c-panel and link to it from there (ie: insert image, in the properties insert yourwebsite.com/imagename.jpeg
                          Reguards
                          Ed
                          www.dsondesigns.com
                          www.marseillesyouthsports.com
                          www.300hitter.com
                          www.bigjk.net
                          How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions Ed . I always reduce the file size to about 35K before putting them on the site. I am adding them to a light box and there is not option to "insert" the image, you can only 'add' an image. I copied other light boxes and pasted them to have enough light boxes on the page with 5 images per box. Maybe I'll just try deleting that light box and adding a new one and see if that works. Brian
                            www.briansimons.com

Comment

OK, FIXED!!!!YEAH! I don't know why but I wanted different light boxes on a single page so I just copied one, and pasted it to the other locations and added my pictures. Some showed up on the preview and others didn't. Also , I noticed the light boxes that were pasted didn't work as light boxes but did show a large image and I never could understand why, so it seems copying and pasting a light box to another location is NOT a good idea. Better to just click the 'light box' icon and add a new one instead. A simple mistake but caused all kinds of grief for me. I'm so happy to have figured this out, but thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. Brian
                              www.briansimons.com

Comment

Working...
                              X