Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I put color or an image on the side of my website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I put color or an image on the side of my website?

How do I put a image or color on the sides of my website instead of it just being white space. If I change the background color it changes the color under my type, I just want the type to be black on white and color or an image on the sides that show in a browser window.

Re: How do I put color or an image on the side of my website?

Hi Michele,

Ok, right click on the builder (in the building area) so you get page properties up. The go to 'formatting' and change the background to what you want it to be.

Then using the shape icon on the builder create a rectangle shape and change the colour to white. Keep the width to under 960 with that white shape and place that shape as far over to the left of the builder as it will go. DON'T try and centre the page in the builder.

Then go back into your page properties and tick the box 'centre in browser'

then when you preview or publish your website you will see a white background for your website but a colour of your choice surrounding it as the browser background
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Thanks it worked however I also had to "Move to the Back"

Comment

well, yes if you add something in reverse order.
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Working...
        X