• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metroweb
    Special Status

• Mar 2009

flash file not working?

Hello, I am new to vodahost. I am starting my web site and in the middle of domain transfer, so my web site is not operating right now. but i have a temp address untill then, my problem is i downloaded the flash slide show maker for free, i created my slide show, i then clicked the flash icon to add to my web site, when it asked me to chose the file for the flash the format it askes for i belive is the defalt of swf. file..my flashslide show files are fss files...and it does not work when i polish it. what is the diferance between the files, and does anyone know where i can make a slide show using the right file format. or am i doing something wrong? or should i be saving flash slide show as html and adding it to an html box on the web page?please help, i am sure it is a simple step i am missing. thanks!
    http://208.43.222.135/~qkbxycwc/leaf.html
    ps- i know i have seen it a bunch of times, and now i can not find it.what is the max my page size should be for the typical monitor size?
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: flash file not working?

Your page size should be between 800px and 1000px wide

I cant tell you about your slide show because i dont know what you are building it with, but it should have a publish button or export as button somewhere. This is where you would change the file format.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Alien Dude
      Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

FSS is not a flash file, it is the save file from the program you made the slide show in like the old Micrografx Picture Publisher 8.0. The file you want is myalbum.swf also the slides.xml which needs to be uploaded to the server all possible the folder with the images in. this can all be found in your default location on your pc in your case looks like \My Documents\Flash Slideshow Maker Professional\output\ the fss file is not meant to be publish. it's like a bv file.
      Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• metroweb
        Special Status

• Mar 2009

thanks, I will give it a try, i am also looking for any tips on how to make a scrol-over effect from a small picture ,so when you scroll over it ,it becomes bigger. any helpfull tips on how to do this would make me a very happy camper! thanks for all the help!

Comment

Working...
        X