• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortee
    Corporal

• Apr 2009

logo issue

Hi Everyone,

This is my first thread, and my first website. I started to create my home page last night, everything looks good until I view it in my browser, and the white box shows around the logo. Will that disappear when the site is published, or should I be dealing with it at this level. I tried the other advise that was given to "Newbie", but the box still shows when I view it in the browser. Any suggestions (for a website simpleton) would be great.

Thanks,
    Shortee
  • DarrenC
    Brigadier General

• Jul 2008

Re: logo issue

Without seeing it, It's hard to tell. Always best to publish it and post the url here.

If you've used a shape to make your logo, you could try double clicking it to bring up the properties. Check the border which is probably set to '1'. Change to '0' and the border will disappear.

Darren
    Happy Building

DarrenC

Comment

• shortee
      Corporal

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by DarrenC View Post
      Without seeing it, It's hard to tell. Always best to publish it and post the url here.

If you've used a shape to make your logo, you could try double clicking it to bring up the properties. Check the border which is probably set to '1'. Change to '0' and the border will ddisappear.

Darren
      Hi Darren, Thank you for the response, I did try what you suggested but the big square box is still showing in the preview. I will publish the page to see what happens,but I wanted to make a change first.....which brings me to a new problem that I cant' find any previous posts on. I have created a background page in photoshop that is 900 x 600, I set the page properties to 900 x 600 in blue voda and when I import it as a background, it appears one and a half times on my workspace, and in the preview (the half of the image that duplicates itself shows outside the margins on the guide) , I struggled my way through this last night also, and was able to get it to fit if I expanded my page size, but then it will be too wide, and might require scrolling for some people to see the whole page. I've struggled and researched for the several hours, and I'm not coming up with anything. Do you have any idea what I'm doing wrong. It sounds so simple, but I'm not getting it

Thank you in advance,
      Lesley

Comment

• D'son
        Major General

• Apr 2008

Save it as an image and do not use the back ground tool, insert it as an image and move it to the back, then it will not repeat.
        Reguards
        Ed
        www.dsondesigns.com
        www.marseillesyouthsports.com
        www.300hitter.com
        www.bigjk.net
        How to add JAlbum to your site

Comment

• shortee
          Corporal

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by D'son View Post
          Save it as an image and do not use the back ground tool, insert it as an image and move it to the back, then it will not repeat.
          Thank you. Worked like a charm.This website is infectious. I can't seem to pull myself away. I'm looking forward to becoming more proficient.

Cheers,
          Shortee

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

Hi Shortee,

Always post your Url so we can check.

Try right click, select properties and apply a thin border for the logo.
            www.siapamoyanganda.com/
            Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
            State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• shortee
              Corporal

• Apr 2009

Hi Darren,

I posted my test pages, and the big white box that showed around the logo in the browser preview disappeared (as you suggested it might)

Thanks everyone for your input,
              Shortee

Comment

Working...
              X