• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Esperanza
    Private

• Apr 2009

thumbnail image links

I am trying to add small images to the website I am creating. I want to have thumbnail size images with a title that you can click on to view an enlarged version of the image, with a longer description (such as in clicking on an item you are interested in buying, which goes onto a pop-up with a description, price, etc.). Also, I need lots of those, so I was wondering if there is a way to create lots of thumbnail sized pictures at once, and then editing the text that will appear with the enlarged image. So far I have only been able to add an image, try to make it about the right size (can you resize more accurately than just with dragging?), adding a link to it, and creating a whole new page for the description. Surely there must be a more efficient way?
  • Karen Mac
    General

• Apr 2006

Re: thumbnail image links

You can try something like jalbum, or if you have photoshop you can BATCH process a whole folder of images and save to a new folder so you have BOTH sizes.

Youd have to manually create these pop ups or else look into using an actually shopping cart like soholaunch or oscommerce.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Esperanza
      Private

• Apr 2009

thumbnail image links

I am trying to add small images to the website I am creating. I want to have thumbnail size images with a title that you can click on to view an enlarged version of the image, with a longer description (such as in clicking on an item you are interested in buying, which goes onto a pop-up with a description, price, etc.). Also, I need lots of those, so I was wondering if there is a way to create lots of thumbnail sized pictures at once, and then editing the text that will appear with the enlarged image. So far I have only been able to add an image, try to make it about the right size (can you resize more accurately than just with dragging?), adding a link to it, and creating a whole new page for the description. Surely there must be a more efficient way?

Comment

• Esperanza
        Private

• Apr 2009

Thank you Karen, I´ll try that.

Comment

• Alien Dude
          Lieutenant Colonel

• Apr 2008

It depends on what your building with,
          if your using a shopping cart then there are often times plug-ins available to do this type of thing like giving you a large, medium and thumbnail images, along with being able to writing all the descriptions from within the loading page. but you would still have to one at a time, but the pages would be generated for you.

If you are using Blue Voda then your looking at making seprate pages and images for each item with the descriptions. PIXresizer will help with the pic resizing as you can do a hole folder at once.
          Alien Dude Solutions

Comment

• Karen Mac
            General

• Apr 2006

Please dont make DUPLICATE posts.. keep it in the same theread.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• germansin
              Colonel

• Jul 2008

Hello Esperanza

As AlienDude wrote, you can resize a whole folder of pictures, all to the same dimensions and at a very low size in bytes, at the same time, using PIXresizer. If the original pictures have different width/height ratios, and you want to keep them that way, you can do the process in 2 steps: first, the whole original folder resized to the same width in one target folder and later, the whole original folder, to the same height in another target folder. Then, you pick the pictures of each folder having their largest dimension as you wish and discard the others. PIXresizer is very fast, so it will not take too much time. It worked well for me, so it could be helpful for you.

------------
              German
              German
              www.alfil-sa.com

Comment

Working...
              X