Images -AI and EPS files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Images -AI and EPS files

Hi to all, I just purchased an image from istock which dowloaded as a zipped AI and EPS file - I can't seem to open or download the image to my computer or webpage - do I need to convert it to something else? and how do I do that?

thanks heaps!

Re: Images -AI and EPS files

Hi anjee
    EPS is a prepress format for printing...adobe....BUT...
    "TIFF: Most EPS files created by Windows applications contain a TIFF file for preview purposes.''
    Maybe TIFF image format will work for you..
    Or a PDF reader
    Hope that helps
    Doug

Comment

It may be worthwhile to download a program such as GIMP so you can export/convert it to a different file format.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program: The Free and Open Source Image Editor

Register/Login Script
      Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

Great thks guys!

Comment

Hi Anjee

That's a shame they didn't give you a jpeg file also - especially if you had to pay for it?

AI are Adobe Illustrator files (expensive program!) but you can open EPS with irfanview.com (it's a super simple free little program) Irfanview can open a huge amount of different formats, including EPS.

Alternatively, you can insert an EPS into Word and just copy and paste it into a graphics program.

(I love gimp - bit of a learning curve but terrific. Not sure if it opens ai & eps though? http://www.gimp.org/features/ )

Comment

You can open the files in Photoshop as well if you have that.

If you don't you can DL Illustrator and Photoshop for 30 days free from the Adobe website.

I personally use Illustrator, it's an amazing design program.
            Best Regards,

Robert A. Kerr

Comment

Working...
            X