Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image and Effect Tool issue

Hi

I finally finished the first draft of my website, which took many hours as you can probably guess. However I noticed that the pages were very very slow to load. So after searching through the forum for answers I realised that my images were probably too big.

So back to the drawing board. I resized them all and optimized them with a very useful tool that moderator Lady Eye recommended on here (thanks by the way). Well this reduced the overall size of my page somewhat but not a great deal and it didn't make a huge difference to the loading time either.

Anyway, after more tweaking and investigating I made the discovery!!! As I wanted the edges of my photos to blend a little into the background I used BV Image and Effect tools to soften the edges (only by approx 10-15 pts) and have since discovered that by doing this it increased the size of my images by approx. a whopping 500kb PER IMAGE!!!

Can this be right? Is there another way I can get the same effect with other software and then upload them to BV?

I would really appreciate any of your thoughts.

Many thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by Garyjon; 07-13-2009, 04:23 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: Image and Effect Tool issue

Have you got a link to the page.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks for replying Chris. Here are 2 links to one paage of my site (I've disabled the rest for the moment)

Test 1 the page with regular photos and Test2 is the same page with the effect. When I check on Page weight. Test 1 is 546Kb and Test 2 is 2973KB. A massive difference.

But even the smaller page takes forever to load which worries me. I have built 2 other webpages before with a different web building software and with many more photos than this one and they load very quickly. 546Kb for a web page isn't so big and should load quicker than this.

I don't see how I can optimize the site anymore withour compromising the overall look.

I'd be grateful for your advice

Gary

Comment

You can use any other photo editor in the market and then
        import the images into bluevoda.

It would be helpful if you posted your url for others to have a looksee.

I could also be your images are to full of pixels and need to be reduced for faster loading.

Get the PixResizer for free from Voda Support>Download.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

Very nicely done.

It loaded pretty fast for me.

There is no problem with your photos.
          www.siapamoyanganda.com/
          Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
          State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

I see what you mean, that is very high in kb's for a web page. If you want to keep this effect, you can get the images down to 20-25 kb by taking some screen shots of the page you have. I had a quick a go with these 2 images. LINK
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks so much Chris and Zuriatman fro your help.

I will definitely try that Chris, thanks for doing those test pics.

But is this something that BV could work on getting right as I'm sure a lot of people use these tools and don't realise the effect they are having?

I'll post a suggestion.

Again many thanks
              Gary

Comment

Working...
              X