• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillenium
    Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Universally Updated Template?

Hope that title explained my question. I've read through the forums and viewed the template tutorials and I think I know the answer, but thought I'd check with those that know much more then me.

I only have a handful of pages in my site (www.helpingusellu.com) but whenever I want to make a change that is reflected throughout the entire site, I have to open up every page and make that same change (copy/paste) in every page and re-publish. It's not too bad right now, but as the site continues to grow, I can see it being a very time consuming chore.

For example, if I want to add a page to the site that also adds a button to the nav bar, I have to go into every page and either add the button manually in that page, or delete the nav bar and copy/paste the updated one and re-publish.

Is it possible to make a change once and update every page? If not, any tips on how to efficiently make these updates when they occur?

Thanks,
    Scott
  • Collectors-info
    General

• Feb 2006

Re: Universally Updated Template?

This might help.

Or another version of the same thing.

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• gillenium
      Sergeant

• Dec 2008

Re: Universally Updated Template?

SWEET!! Thanks Chris for passing this along and thanks Naval for sharing the knowledge!

Comment

Working...
      X