• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birger75
    Corporal

• Jan 2010

Copy protection, Images!!!

Hi!
    Is there any possibilties to copy-protect the images I´ve uploaded on my webpage? I do have a lot of them and want it that way!

Or, must I copy-protect the image before I upload it on my website?

/Birger75
  • ahimsa
    Major General

• Jan 2009

Re: Copy protection, Images!!!

Yep, 'fraid so....the ONLY way to fully protect images is with a watermark! There are so many tricks around for copying images not least of which: the famous "snipping tool" that comes as standard equipment on Vista OS
    Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• narobe
      First Lieutenant

• Apr 2006

Best advise is If you don't want something copied, don't put it on Internet. :)

Comment

• zuriatman

• Sep 2006

There is no way you can do it for free.

You can insert scripts in your pages and it still can be screen capured.

Use the search box on top to read all past discussions on the subject.
        www.siapamoyanganda.com/
        Malaysian Family Tree Website From the
        State of Johor.

HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE READY TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE.

Comment

• TheLink
          Second Lieutenant

• Apr 2009

I recently discovered a way of protecting images. It's probably not fool proof to the hard core image theif who has all the latest software, but to the average Joe, it should deter them from stealing images.

Try this and see how you go:

What I did was put a "Layer" over the top of the image. You will find the "layer" button on your BV tool bar.

1. Resize the layer to fit exactly over the image.

2. Right click on the layer and select "properties".

3. Under the "general" tab, you can name the layer according to the name of th image ie. flower pic

4. Change the "opacity" to 1

5. Then go to the "layout" tab

6. Change the "colour" to white.

The next set of instructions I'm not sure what effect they have or change but this is what I set mine to.

7. Disable (untick) the "enable grid".

8. Set both the "Horizontal and Vertical Alignment" to "centre".

9. Now republish your page.

When you go to check that all is working ok, you will be able to right click on the image but you will NOT be able to "Save Picture As", it will only allow yout to "Save Background As".

I clicked on the "Save Background As" just to see what happens and all it did was save a black line.

Of course, none of this will stop people having the ability to do a screen capture but it may help.

Good luck, hope it works for you.
          Rowena

The Link Dental Personnel
          www.thelinkdentalpersonnel.com

Comment

• WSBlue
            Brigadier General

• Apr 2006

will try. thank you.

Comment

• ahimsa
              Major General

• Jan 2009

....but that only stops the right click - with Vista's Snippet & a screen capture that's available on most image/video editing programs - you don't have a chance, sorry! Watermarking is the only way to go..........and even then it needs to be a good one: Picasa now has a "touch-up" tool that can "erase blemishes" & replace with the background colour!!!
              Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

• Collectors-info
                General

• Feb 2006

Alt Print screen, Open Paint, Ctrl V, crop & save, Captured!.
                Also with Fire Fox you can just use "View page info" & it gives a full breakdown of all images& media.
                Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

• navaldesign
                  General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Which images do you mean ?

Those in http://www.yourdomain.com/images ?

I purposely changed your domain name, but if you want to check, simply type your domain name / images, and you will see that I can download ALL of your images in their original size / quality.

Don't want it stolen ? don't put it on the web.

Bookmarking is the only solution IF it doesn't affect the purpose of these images being present in the page.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ahimsa
                    Major General

• Jan 2009

Bookmarking is the only solution IF it doesn't affect the purpose of these images being present in the page.

Interesting, Naval,....could you explain that a little more please?
                    thanks,
                    david

Comment

• navaldesign
                      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

??

I simply mean that in certain cases, bookmarking will null the purpose of the presence of the image.

If in example you need to show how good pictures you are able to take (a photographers site) the bookmark will be ruining the picture....
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• ahimsa
                        Major General

• Jan 2009

ah, OK....I see what you mean....sorry, a little slow today LOL
                        david

Comment

Working...
                        X