graphics gone crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graphics gone crazy

I'm having trouble with the buttons on my website. I have to republish my site or a few of its pages atleast once a day because the graphics on my buttons get all screwed up. Its getting very annoying. Help!

Re: graphics gone crazy

I can see everything displayed nicely using IE.

Comment

Everything looked fine because I just republished my site. Give it a few hours.

Comment

Here is an example:

http://www.kaycricksbraceletsetc.net...acelets_2.html

The BlueVoda buttons down the left side and at the top have the wrong graphics. The first button going down the left should say Bookmarks, not Sale Items. The first button going across the top should say Home, not Earrings. I cannot figure out whats going on.

Comment

No other issues - just the graphics.
          Last night I went back to the store and got another copy of the game. I un-installed the first one, installed the new one, and I got exactly the same problems. I am at a loss..
          ipad 2 accessories

Comment

Hi,

on this link:
            http://www.kaycricksbraceletsetc.net everything looks just fine re "bookmarks" & "home" etc..................but

on this link that you gave:
            http://www.kaycricksbraceletsetc.net...acelets_2.html everything is as you described!!!!!!
            BTW, I'm looking on FF...............
            Never measure the height of the mountain you're climbing. At the summit, look back and see how small it really is!

Comment

I went to customer service seeking help but they couldn't help me. I was told by them to come here. Unfortunately still no help. So I decided to remove the Bluevoda buttons from my website.

Comment

Are you creating (or HAVE you created) your pages using the Save As comand ?

If yes, this is your issue.

You see, menus are nothing else than images. When you create a page using the Save as, the SAME images for the menus are used in the pages created this way. Now, if you change the menu in one of the pages, and you publish this page, ALL the menus, in ALL pages that are using the same image, will display the button text of the last published page.

Solution:

Go in BV, Tools -> Options -> Publish and check the checkbox "Use page name for image prefix".

Then publish all problematic pages again. Regresh your browser to test.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The only time I use 'save as' is when I create a new page. I have been using Bluevoda for 2 years and this problem with Bluevoda buttons started a few months ago. When I publish a page, I can refresh and look at it and it is ok. A few hours later, the graphics on the Bluevoda buttons are in disarray. I've been dealing with this for about 4 months so I am no longer using the buttons since the server keeps changing the graphics around at whim.

Comment

It is at the creation time that the issue is generated (because you use the Save As) and it only happens if you modify the menu (or shapes, happens with them too) through pages.

When you publish a page, it will be ok, BUT it will affect other pages..

If, a few hours later, you publish another page, where the buttons are changed (by you), it affects the ones already published, and so on.
                    Navaldesign
                    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

It always amazes me how people dont listen , or assume they know what you are talking about. Please let me explain. When the website is posted, once it is complete, all the graphics are working fine. After a few hours, when you look at the site a few hours later , the graphics for the buttons are in the wrong place. NO ONE said anything about posting again or making updates or using SAVE AS. This happens on its own. The html code is still the same on the page, only the graphics have changed (as if someone has gone in and renamed the graphics in a happenstance way). I checked and verified the graphic itself changed and not the html in the page.

As for all the graphics changing from an update, this (putting it mildly) is a farce. Blue Voda has the annoying feature that it uploads the same graphic for each page that uses it under a different name (20k graphic on 40 pages turns out to 800k download instead of the 20k). So, unlike what is said prior, if you update your page, the graphics WILL NOT CHANGE as described above. In programs that are not hog happy, you upload a single graphic that keeps the same name on each page (unlike Blue Voda). If this were true with Blue Voda, the graphic would change on every page you use it on that had the same name.
                      Electronics and Computers: The never ending story....

Comment

Please understand that a web page is a file, just as the ones you have on your own computer, it doesn't and it can't change if no one changes it.

For the rest of your comments, you simply don't know or understand how BV works.

BV, as all the other web builders, will use a UNIQUE name for non BV created images, and it will use it in all pages.

If, instead, we are dealing with images created by the program (like buttons and shapes) then BV will use a unique name for each image (shape / button ) as long as the page is created from scratch. If, instead, you use the Save As comand, then these (BV created) images for buttons and shapes will have the same names for all pages. So if you change the text in the menu of one page and publish, it will also affect the other pages where the same menu existed (but with different text for the buttons).

To verify this, just look at a page in your site where the problem occurs. Right click the problematic image to see its name, and then search it through the rest of your pages, you will see that you will find the same image elsewhere (in another page).
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X